yes check it sometimes
8 (29.6%)
no
8 (29.6%)
what is facebook?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: October 31, 2012, 01:56:38 am

Author Topic: Do you FB?  (Read 11552 times)

Offline ~[fruity]~

• View Profile
Do you FB?
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:56:38 am »
As a little bit of a facebook addict, how many others use it?  ???
A day without laughter is a day wasted

Mama Fergie

Re: Do you FB?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:03:57 am »
My kids use it but I don't.
One of them set up a Facebook account for me without my knowledge so now I keep getting emails from them and I have numerous friend requests!!!
Been trying to erase it but no luck.
The cheeky person in question even used my password  :-))
They all find it amusing  ;D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:10:52 am »
I have a page, but I only have 17 friends and I never post things. I get really annoyed with people who try to add me as a friend when they don't even know me. I only add people who are true friends.
I use my FB to keep in touch with people who I wouldn't have contact with otherwise. And thats all FB is for me :)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 03:18:35 am »
I use fb it is a good way of staying in contact and seeing pictures of people who don't live close or you don't see regularly, if it is used properly I think it is good

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 04:04:00 am »
Set up a page a long time ago - but disillusioned with it very quickly...Having said that I still look at it from time to time, but never post anything as I'm quite aghast at some of the conversations that appear on my page with people I've never even heard of. Because one of my "friends" has entered into the conversation the whole thing comes up on my page.  My settings were set to the highest security I'm sure - but because I can't grasp the workings of the whole thing I just avoid it . . . If people want to contact me, they can phone or email me . . :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 04:05:33 am »
I have a facebook account under a pseudonym so that I can look at Tenina's facebook and reply occasionally. I have no information on there at all and am constantly amazed at the people that want to be my friends or have photos of me as the person on there doesn't really exist. Scarey.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 04:53:44 am »
Yes I FB. I like keeping up with what my friends are up to especially if I haven't seen them for a while. It's fantastic when people are travelling.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 04:53:45 am »
I have Facebook, I had a weird friend request today from someone I don't even know, beware of fake friend requests

This is what it read

Hi,
don't tell me you don't remember me! ;-)
how are you Mandi?
add me i'll accept
dominique

I don't know any Dominique's at all :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline BecciM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 05:03:12 am »
Yes my name is BecciM and I am a FB addict.

LOL. I love that I can keep in touch. And I only add friends I know.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 05:09:04 am »
I am with you on that one goldfish  :)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 05:18:18 am »
Nope I don't.  :)
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 05:22:13 am »
I did join FB once but got sick of being asked to be 'friends' with people I had never heard of and some of the things people talk about just doesn't interest me.  All those feel good quotes and graphics annoy me too. I also had some guy telling me I was gorgeous (what a joke) and wondered how the devil he got on my page - that was the final straw. I have enough to do without wasting time on FB but can understand it works for a lot of people.

I googled 'how to close my facebook account' MF, found something and went from there.  They make you wait a couple of weeks before they close it, no doubt hoping you will go back in there during that period.  If you do, it will not be closed.  I applied to close it and have never been back since so I am presuming it is not there.  Just had a look and there are a few people with the same name as me but none that are there look like me so it has obviously been deleted.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 05:56:35 am »
I have been dragged reluctantly kicking and screaming into FB - not so much because I want to (despite my sister saying I should be more active on it because I can keep up with what friends / family are up to that way) but to enable me to open a page for our business.  Needless to say, both my personal and our business page have just a very few 'friends'.  I am still totally bewildered by most of what it is all about and how it works, but I persevere.  I have been told that a FB page is invaluable for businesses these days, so needs must, I suppose ...
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:33 am »
i am a fb addict .... i pretty much have grown up kids and it makes me feel like i can see what they do in their days .... without the daily phone call home to mum and i have lived and moved about so i have friends all over the world. i am very choosy who i add .... and i have it on the most private settings as i can.

i love FB.... i share pics, recipes, and love to stay in touch with family friends and relatives.

i also use it to live chat with hubby when he is away at work in his unit after his shift.
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Mama Fergie

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 06:42:02 am »
Thanks JD I will try that. :)

Think that's what I did previously but somehow it didn't disappear >:(

It's really annoying getting silly friend requests from people you don't know and I feel rude not responding to friend requests from people that I do know  >:(