Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037130 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23460 on: January 11, 2020, 12:15:42 pm »
Been trying to tidy the house , but only a small amount done found out I have another addiction pens this is getting serious a handful or more out of two handbags , many on bedside table ! Donating them to DH and DM who asked each day who has my pen !just a little tiered . DH cam home at lunchtime and we sat down on the couch , I was out to it in five minutes. Then I had to cook so made caramel macadamia slice . DS and I made a search dash for DH , for an hour we rang made texts .. no reply . He was fine just moving machinery from paddock.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23461 on: January 12, 2020, 01:32:38 pm »
We had a car run today. We took the old Ute. It is the first time we have taken it on a Model A run. Then later in the day DH and DD went out driving in the Mustang. She ended up dropping him at home and going out by herself, apparently he was a very bad backseat driver. She said she found it easier to concentrate on it being LH drive without him.  I thought it was hilarious. 😀😀😀😀😀
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23462 on: January 12, 2020, 10:06:46 pm »
Cookie, that is a hoot.   My dad taught me to drive and I was amazed at how patient he was.
K Atie, I also have an addiction to pens.  So I understand.  ;D
I have 2 women coming to learn about making SD.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23463 on: January 13, 2020, 03:53:32 am »
I’m also pen addicted but the darn things keep moving from one place to another and I can never find those in my handbag unless I empty it.  If I go to heaven I hope never to see another pen up there!

LOL Cookie, so DH was dumped back home so that DD could do her own thing.  Hilarious, were his feelings hurt or did he understand what he’s like when he isn’t the driver?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23464 on: January 13, 2020, 06:30:48 am »
He took it well Judy. She just said “no backseat drivers allowed.”

My 6 month old coffee machine has been playing up. I spent over an hour on the phone this morning and it has to go back to Melbourne! That was another hour trying to pack it up. It makes lovely coffee so I hope it’s not gone too long.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23465 on: January 13, 2020, 06:38:41 am »
Worked on tying up this morning, think I am putting off the hardest part , oh well still making progress. DH has gone harvesting as it has warmed up , he has spen5 the weekend moving sheep for crunching next week . DS has gone this arvo to help too , he will be out there all tomorrow on chaser bin . Nearly finished harvest . Very warm and smoke haze bad here .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23466 on: January 13, 2020, 07:16:03 am »
First day back at work after the holidays ... I much prefer being on holiday  :)
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23467 on: January 13, 2020, 09:39:50 am »
Marina, brief and to the point.   :)
SD bread class this morning.  Creswick swap lady and her daughter.  The daughter has just returned from England where she has been a Nanny to a family.   Sir something or other, have home in London and another in Cornwall. I’m sure CC would know them. !!
Bee keeper came to check out our bees.  Said the had had a very productive year.  Glad about that as 25% of bees have been killed in the fires. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23468 on: January 13, 2020, 09:48:51 am »
Marina, brief and to the point.   :)
SD bread class this morning.  Creswick swap lady and her daughter.  The daughter has just returned from England where she has been a Nanny to a family.   Sir something or other, have home in London and another in Cornwall. I’m sure CC would know them. !!
Bee keeper came to check out our bees.  Said the had had a very productive year.  Glad about that as 25% of bees have been killed in the fires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23469 on: January 14, 2020, 02:37:50 am »
I did a pile of ironing. I think there was something like 13 pairs of trousers/shorts. DH wears shorts in the summer that have to be ironed, and I wear 3/4 pants that need to be ironed. Also DD wears cooler trousers that need to be ironed. Sorry Gert.. they really do need ironing.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23470 on: January 14, 2020, 02:59:06 am »
Gosh I wouldn’t get that much ironing in 3 months or so cookie, I have a lovely steam iron now though so ironing is not such a chore.  I do allow the basket to pretty well fill up before doing any ironing though.  I agree that some things just have to be ironed but try and buy things that don’t.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23471 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:33 am »
Spent two hours in the middle of the day moving DH paddocks . Many trips two field bins through gates . Fire truck, ute , header and chaser bin . I only moved the field bins and DH to each vehicle. We were very hungry by 2.30 . Did another move this evening and dinner drop off . Back tonight at about 10 pm to get DS who is on the chaser bin . Nearly done .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23472 on: January 16, 2020, 05:16:29 am »
Went to the doctor this morning to get the results of my blood tests. My cholesterol is up a bit and he is talking about medication for it. He also mentioned a calcium test which is like a scan of your heart to see if you have any blockages or near blockages. He said to think about it. I really don't know.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23473 on: January 16, 2020, 05:27:02 am »
I usually go along with whatever my doctor suggests cookie, why the hesitation?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23474 on: January 17, 2020, 07:54:36 am »
There has been a lot of talk about statins Judy. I will discuss it with my handy pharmacist at length and go back and have a chat with my doctor. He is very good.
I went for a hair cut this afternoon and arranged a lunch date with my friends who are still working.