Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6077174 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23430 on: January 01, 2020, 12:14:16 pm »
Gorgeous.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23431 on: January 01, 2020, 07:22:56 pm »
Nan and Grandma were already take by the time our grandkids arrived so I am Ma and Ral is Poppa. We have 3 teenagers and one not quite. All good kids and all very different. They try and look after us.  :) :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23432 on: January 01, 2020, 08:18:25 pm »
I can see you being very well loved Chookie  :)

Most of the emails I get are from foodie sites of some description or another and this morning as I was looking through the latest ones I felt like I'd seen enough, so I have started to unsubscribe for a bit.  I know things ramp up at Christmas time but it has been everywhere and while I enjoyed seeing all these things at the start I'm now feeling saturated by it all.  I'm looking forward to things returning to normal and not seeing so much excess  :)

Warming up here to about 34 today but tomorrow is forecast 45 then a cool change and nicer temps for a few days, yay!  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23433 on: January 01, 2020, 09:26:30 pm »
I agree Julie, we reach saturation point eventually and need to do this.  I’ve opted out of a few of my favourites for the time being and now only receive Keto posts, I have plenty of recipes already so will need to do what you do in the near future.

No-one in my family has ever been called Grandma but I remember at high school hearing so many of the kids using that name for their grandparents and I liked it. The dogs came many years before the grandies arrived so Grandma stuck and even when I hear a child in a supermarket use that word, it melts my heart.  There is a nanny on the other side and their great-grandmother is our family’s most widely used name of Nana. The males are/were called Grandpa, Poppa and Pa.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23434 on: January 01, 2020, 10:53:25 pm »

Most of the emails I get are from foodie sites of some description or another and this morning as I was looking through the latest ones I felt like I'd seen enough, so I have started to unsubscribe for a bit.  I know things ramp up at Christmas time but it has been everywhere and while I enjoyed seeing all these things at the start I'm now feeling saturated by it all.  I'm looking forward to things returning to normal and not seeing so much excess  :)

I had that problem a couple of years ago - as Christmas got nearer parents were coming on with posts of all the gifts they made for each and every one of their kid's teachers ... it really disgusted and revolted me, they were all trying to outdo each other whilst I looked around at the homeless numbers growing each day, I just couldn't handle it any more and unsubscribed.  It was a vulgar display of one-up-manship.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23435 on: January 02, 2020, 03:29:48 am »
I'm glad I'm not the only person to unsubscribe from sites. I look at the email and think why did I ever subscribe to that. A couple of clothing places drove me mad with their emails so I promptly unsubscribed from them too.

DH and I have been fortunate enough to get the Commonwealth Health card. I don't know for how long, but this morning we went and applied to have our car licenses reduced by 50%. It is reviewed every year so this is the first year we have received it. At least we will get our pills at a cheaper rate. I guess if interest rates go up we will lose it again.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23436 on: January 02, 2020, 08:20:02 am »
Having a health card is a great saving cookie.  I wouldn’t worry too much about the interest rates going up, they’ve never been good since shortly after I became a pensioner to care for DH way back in 1987.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23437 on: January 04, 2020, 12:52:54 pm »
Well I think we have had house full at the beach , DD plus two 17 year old friends, DB with his DGirlfriend plus another friend , DS DM and me . Wihile the house is full I managed to go to a cocktail party , have coffee with a friend , take all teens out to breakfast , many trips for DS helping Nipper program and DS doing Cadet lifesaving program 10-5 for 3 days ,cook dinner for all but 3 teens one night , sort out debit card at the post office ( who new ) , try to pack two teens up . Wave one of DD friends off . Tonight was helping DD and friend pack for two week step up program at uni live in . Still have to top up thier Myki cards tomorrow, up early so DS can go on door knock for lifesaving club and the fires ! Then take teens to uni . Wounder what I need to make tomorrow night for dinner when I return.... and who will be left . Never a dull moment!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23438 on: January 05, 2020, 12:12:29 am »
It’s a good thing you love a busy life and lots of people around you K Atie. You seem to cope so well.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23439 on: January 05, 2020, 06:49:24 pm »
Blimey KAtie you lead a very busy life and as you say never a dull moment. 😁

In London for a couple of nights, on Nanny duties.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23440 on: January 06, 2020, 03:49:43 am »
Enjoy yourself Denise. KAtie it sounds so very busy. I'm glad you got to have coffee etc out.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23441 on: January 06, 2020, 06:47:31 am »
Enjoy Cornish  ;D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23442 on: January 06, 2020, 07:29:20 am »
I am totally frazzled .. yesterday I spent all day emailing our web designer as we are working on the 'back end' for our revamped web site - he tells me it is easy, but my head is spinning and I can see nothing easy about it yet.

This morning we were scheduled to be ported to the NBN so I had to get a whole new phone system to go with it (to be honest, our old system was second hand when I bought it 10 years ago, so I am not moaning!).

The phone handsets arrived a couple of weeks ago so that part was good.  However I received an email from the company providing the NBN service to say that I needed the modem sent by our internet provider.  Well, this had not arrived so then I had to ring my provider up who promptly told me I had been scammed!

Well, I was not pleased so I rang the provider up again and got a brilliantly helpful man who understood exactly what was happening, where we were at and was able to talk me through what needed to be done 

Anyway, as is usual with me, things did not go smoothly (K Atie, you know what this is like!!).  I had to get to the back of my computer which meant taking everything off my desk (and there was an awful lot of 'everything' on that desk), dismantling and moving my entire desk, disconnecting the computer, the Point of Sale, the printer, the router, the CCTV system and goodness knows what else; then I had to disconnect the old phone system and put the desk and everything else back together again all the time keeping my fingers crossed that I had pulled out all the right cables and hadn't done anything too drastic to the computer.  I looked like a huge dust ball by the time I scambled off the floor from crawling around under my desk. 

During this time, despite a big notice on our shop window saying we were closed for another week, several customers fronted up banging on the door and wanting to get in, so I had to go flying to the door, be terribly ungracious then run back to my desk.

Hopefully, one more phone call tomorrow morning will see the end of this uproar and I will be able to get back to being on holiday for another couple of days.

Anyway, we are now nearly there, I hope.  Simon, my "Man of the Moment" at our provider warned me that it would take a couple of phone calls to get everything running properly so hopefully, by tomorrow, we will have a working phone system once again

Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23443 on: January 06, 2020, 09:14:45 am »
Oh you poor thing Cuilidh, I can only imagine how stressed you must have felt.  You must feel pretty good about yourself now though, doing all that you did.  You can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Fingers crossed that it can be all sorted tomorrow.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23444 on: January 06, 2020, 11:14:10 am »
All that is such a pain Marina, easy for those technically blessed.  Fingers crossed things do work for you, if not right now then in the very near future.