Author Topic: Raspberry and Coconut Banana Bread  (Read 16035 times)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Raspberry and Coconut Banana Bread
« on: March 12, 2011, 06:20:02 am »
Moist and lovely banana bread.  One of my favorite banana bread adapted from Coles Christmas 2007, original recipe was on mini loaf pan, I made on normal loaf pan .

125g unsalted butter, chopped roughly
1/2 cup or 90g brown sugar
3 eggs
3 ripe banana, chopped in quarter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup or 230g SR flour
3/4 cup or 70g dessicated coconut
1/2 cup or 120g milk
1 punnet raspberries ( I used 1 cup frozen raspberry, washed in running water)

Preheat oven to 180o and line loaf pan

Put unsalted butter and brown sugar in the  *: beat at speed 4 for 6 seconds or until creamed (depend on how soft the butter is)

Add egg and banana, beat at speed 4 for 4 seconds

Add vanilla, SR flour, dessicated coconut, milk, beat speed 5 for 7 seconds

Add raspberry, speed 4  :-: for 2 seconds

Pour to the loaf and baked for 50 minutes.

Dust with icing sugar to serve.  Enjoy!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:27:33 am by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry and Coconut Banana Bread
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:12:34 am »
Oh this is a little different. Off to buy some bananas tomorrow to try this one. An interesting twist on banana bread. If I can't buy some ripe bananas I'll have to wait for a few days. Oh the anticipation......

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:55:26 pm »
I've read somewhere (but haven't tried), if you do not have overipe banana, you can put them in microwave and "cook" it a bit. 

I hope you enjoy this as much as my family!

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:57:41 am »
I'm going to give this a go.
I have bananas coming out of my ears - literally!  A friend arrived yesterday with two big crates of produce, including an entire stalk of banana (I think I counted 93 total).
I haven't the foggiest notion of why he thought I would be using so many.  I have given some away to my neighbors, frozen some and cut several into slices which are presently in the dehydrators turning into chips. 
There are also several coconuts, two green, 2 "white" and 5 the mature brown ones, which should keep long enough for me to do something with them, a dozen mangoes and 3 enormous Mexican papayas, some avocados and some weird fruits that I passed on to my Mexican neighbors because there is only so much I can handle at one time. 

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 04:07:47 am »
I wouldn't mind a friend like that Andie  :D  Guess you have to share it though, way too much food to be dropped off in one hit. Lucky lady though and I'm sure you will come up with good ideas to use everything.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 11:25:40 am »
Lucky you, Andie...  banana challenge week for you.  I have another fav banana yoghurt muffin recipe I'd like to convert..

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 05:25:10 am »
DH requested this, baking in the oven now and convert cups to gram

90gr brown sugar
230gr SR flour
70gr dessicated coconut
120gr milk

Have modified on original recipe as well.

Offline fimum21

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 05:58:40 am »
I made this twice last week, it was lovely. I used native raspberries harvested from my property. These little fruit are quite common in NE Australia, so I thought I'd mention it in case others here have them and have no ideas on how to use them.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 06:14:45 am »
Lucky you have something fresh from your own garden!  I'm glad it work out well.

Offline fimum21

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 09:42:33 am »
Not from my garden at all, they grow wild. That's why I mentioned it because a lot of people are reluctant to use wild produce.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 11:00:30 am »
Wow... 

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 10:38:03 pm »
Not sure if I did something wrong but mine has turned out a very dense cake and I don't think very nice at all. What is the texture like for others?

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 01:47:29 am »
Mine turn out as moist banana bread...

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 02:52:25 am »
Sorry for my ignorance but do banana bread and banana cake have different textures? I've only made banana cake recipes in the past.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 06:36:20 pm »
Not sure if I did something wrong but mine has turned out a very dense cake and I don't think very nice at all. What is the texture like for others?

I thought I had done something wrong.  Mine also turned out very dense and quite moist on the bottom.  In fact, when I removed it from the loaf pan (I lined the pan with a parchment paper "sling" to make it easier to lift out)  the drier top actually separated from the bottom.  The bottom exuded moisture that ran off the parchment and dripped through the cooling rack. 

I used less sugar and actually used the Splenda/Brown sugar baking blend that has worked just fine in other quick breads, cookies, cakes and etc., so I don't think that was the problem. Perhaps my bananas were too ripe.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/