Author Topic: Christmas Hamper Help  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Shari2285

• View Profile
Christmas Hamper Help
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:24:25 pm »
Hi to all

I have only had my Thermomix about a month or so but absolutely love it......I am thinking of making up some hampers for Christmas gifts.............jams, lemon/lime butters etc plus, shortbread, maybe some sugar coated almonds for instance........

Just concerned how far ahead I could do these and package them up in case anyone experienced in doing this before? I just dont want to have to be collating and getting everything done last minute the day before christmas for example (so maybe lemon butter idea is not a good one just realised!!  lol)  Do the jam/marmalade recipes etc need to be in the fridge ?

Are there any suggestions for recipes that will last out of the fridge so I can make the hampers up a week before or similar time?

Also, having difficulties sourcing bulk jars with lids and reasonable priced baskets.........Any ideas from others that have done this before will be much appreciated....

Kind Regards
Shari
 :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Hamper Help
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 02:07:47 am »
There's a couple of lots of postings on here about hampers. One is in the Christmas section but I can't find the other at the moment. I'm not as good as Judy. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 04:14:14 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 04:47:54 am »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline natmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 06:35:47 am »
You can get jars from most secondhand shops. I have just asked friends to start keeping them too.
An ad on gumtree might help! Here in perth alot of the Red dot shops have them too.
Nat

Offline Shari2285

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 12:01:07 am »
Thanks to all for your posts and links. Well, I have sourced bulk jars from Sydney that are being couriered to me, wholesale baskets and cellophane etc from an online wholesaler so just now to decide what recipes will work and keep if cooked a few days or a week or so ahead............

Off to check out the jam forum now as want to find a no fail recipe.............I dont have time for trial and error at the moment this close and not having loads of time because of work...........

Thanks again to all...

Kind regards
Shari