Author Topic: Smoked ocean trout rillettes,wasabi cream, pickled red onions  (Read 8309 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Re: Smoked ocean trout rillettes,wasabi cream, pickled red onions
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 11:04:12 am »
Let us know how you go Elle g. Which recipe are you planning to use? Trust me it is so delish.

Offline bickie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:23 pm »
Hi courton, sounds absolutely delicious . Were all three served on same cracker - or 1 flavour on each? Sounds a lot for one cracker!  If you make them and have camera close by - love a pic!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 08:16:12 am »
Oh golly gosh. I think I'll be on my way home on Nov 15. I'll be there sometime in September or October or when DH decides it's time to go. If he can pull himself away from the car he's currently restoring.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 08:20:24 am »
Oh golly gosh. I think I'll be on my way home on Nov 15. I'll be there sometime in September or October or when DH decides it's time to go. If he can pull himself away from the car he's currently restoring.

Don't hold your breath cookie 1.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 11:53:22 am »
Bickie, it was served on water and rice crackers...1/2 teaspoon of the rillettes, 1/4 teaspoon of the wasabi cream and one tiny piece of onion. All on one cracker. In fact, when i came home from work today i had 6 of these crackers. So delish and delicate...looks very good on a white plate. Unfortunately, still have not mastered the art of inserting pics from ipad onto forum. One of these days...I will try to do it.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »
Sounds like bellini . Could use tiny savory pancakes.

To add photos the easiest way is to use the tapatalk app. I forget who said on this forum it it was a clever person.

After downloading  if ya can't get it just ask the question and google will answer it. If all else fails then come back here and I will try to tell ya. IT is so easy you will feel like an idiot if you cannot figure it out. Much like I felt. :D

Since I have been using my IPad  I would never go back to my 'puter for adding photos to my posts. I do so love Steve Jobs.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 12:16:16 pm »
Thanks gert. Will try it! Have you read his biography...really enjoyed the book.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 12:41:02 pm »
Yup,I have . Especially good on Kindle as it is a pretty hefty book. Clever sad man.

Gert