Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4478994 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #15000 on: August 24, 2016, 12:19:14 pm »
Make sure you tell her you are a contributing member of this forum ladies. She loves us dearly.
I'm sure you will enjoy her class. The WA one is on tonight. I was going to go as I love her latest book but it's too cold! 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: August 24, 2016, 12:23:04 pm »
Make sure you tell her you are a contributing member of this forum ladies. She loves us dearly.
I'm sure you will enjoy her class. The WA one is on tonight. I was going to go as I love her latest book but it's too cold!
I don't know if I could do that Cookie- I'll be too star struck 😊
But I'll be there rain, hail, shine or snow!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline jakodai

• View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: August 29, 2016, 01:49:10 am »
Last week I bought the Breville Fast Slow Pro. I had the New Wave multicooker, but we didn’t get along. I had a lot of trouble getting it high pressure, if it didn’t get to pressure within its own time limit it would stop and the only way to get it going again was to release all the pressure and start again. I’m glad I bought this one, it’s great!

I also bought a pineapple slicer that arrived last week. I make fruit salad to have for morning tea at work, but I hated cutting the pineapple up, and this thing makes it so easy. I’ve used pineapple corers before and they’ve never quite worked, but this one is really easy to use. Plus it has the slicer to the cut the pineapple up into perfect little pieces, and a container to store the sliced pineapple in. Very happy with it, despite its price.

I’ve also unfortunately bought some hearing aids… Expensive little buggers, but I have no one to blame but myself. I’ve spent most of my life listening to loud music through headphones, so it was always going to happen. On the bright side, though, I’m hearing things that I haven’t heard for years – I didn’t realise how bad it had gotten.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: August 29, 2016, 02:18:07 am »
Good buys Jakodai.  Good luck with your new hearing aids, at times I think I need them myself especially if I'm down at the kids' place and can hardly hear their TV!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jakodai

• View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: August 29, 2016, 02:28:06 am »
Thanks, JD. They're certainly taking some getting used to. I only have the volume at 80% of the correct volume at the moment, because it was too much to go to the full volume. The audiologist is going to put it up the rest of the way on Wednesday. THAT will be interesting. Things like flushing the toilet and turning light switches on and off are so loud - and the indicator in the car. Apparently I'm talking a lot quieter now, too.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: August 29, 2016, 02:34:01 am »
We have a friend who talks so quietly we can hardly hear him, goodness knows how high they turned his up!  There has to be a happy medium surely.  Geoff needed them a while back but only because certain sounds were not being heard (eg a bird whistling or little girls voices were hard for him) but he then heard things he didn't want to hear (what he called my banging and clanging out in the kitchen). If I went shopping he would use them to watch TV but the minute I came back in he took them out so I didn't bother packing them when he went into care with the noises he'd have to put up with there. He is doing fine without them.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: August 29, 2016, 03:26:46 am »
Judy I had a laugh at Geoff and the noises. My father refused to wear hearing aids for that reason.

Jakodai I love your purchases. I think the pineapple slicer looks brilliant. We don't have many pineapples as by the time they get to the west they seem to have no taste. The few we have managed to grow and those we have eaten in QLD have been lovely.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: August 29, 2016, 06:57:12 am »
You can imagine how much he hated the noise the TMX made cookie!  I use to warn him if I was going to chop anything, that way it wasn't such a shock to his system and over time he became used to it.  There are a couple of EN's who speak quite loudly in the nursing home and he's told them both they are too loud.  Nothing much I can do about what comes out of his and Mum's mouth sometimes.

Offline jakodai

• View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: August 29, 2016, 07:10:43 am »
lol, I'm sure they're used to it. The thermomix is unbelievably loud now. I took the hearing aid's out when I started using the thermomix, I couldn't handle it. I'm sure it'll get better once my brain gets used to all of these new noises.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: September 02, 2016, 12:38:01 pm »
I bought a new phone this morning. A Samsung Galaxy. My last 4/5 have been hand me downs but they have all died. I just bought a pre paid one and had my SIM card put in it. It's not the Samsung Galaxy 7 that catches fire. 🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: September 02, 2016, 01:54:23 pm »
I'm glad to hear that cookie!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: September 02, 2016, 05:06:05 pm »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Online Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: September 02, 2016, 10:27:32 pm »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: September 05, 2016, 01:50:37 am »
We don't own any Samsung products but I do feel sorry for them about the Galaxy 7. The financial and reputational damage would be significant.
From Perth WA