Author Topic: Cyndi's 21 day weight loss diet  (Read 76273 times)

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
Cyndi's 21 day weight loss diet
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:52:18 am »
Hi guys,

I'm wondering, has anyone tried Cyndi's 21 day weight loss program using their thermomix? I brought the book of her recipes converted to be made in the thermomix and have just realised about half of them are ones used in this diet - this should make the diet a little easier to follow (I hope).

I've started it today and will be making a TM main meal listed on day two of the diet tonight. Now all I have to do is stick to the menus :-\  :-\

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Cyndi's 21 day weight loss diet
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:07:06 am »
no i haven't but would be interested in feedback
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:38:02 am »
Hi Maggie,

I haven't actually stuck to it although I do love the breakfast smoothie.  I am prepared to have a go however if you want a buddy???

Cheers
Jane

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 01:05:21 pm »
Hi Maggie,
I've got about half way through it before and it's great.  Having just fruit all morning or combining fruit with the smoothies makes a huge difference. My body felt so much better for it.  I keep trying to start it again - but these cold mornings are just a little hard... I like my porridge :-)
Also if you need a buddy - I'm happy to join you too.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:18 am »
I am suppose to be on day 5 to help my mum out but don't tell her I like my porridge on these cold frosty mornings too! ;)

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 02:32:52 am »
I did this diet last winter for the 21 days + another week or two (before I had my thermomix). I felt great; energetic, lost a couple of kgs and my skin cleared up too  :) :). Although as both ILB and Nay-nay said it was difficult with the cold weather to give up my porridge, so after the first few days decided not to, alternating it with the breakfast smoothie (it's surprisingly filling). I've decided to do that this time too as I figure Cyndi lives in QLD where it's a lot warmer this time of year and sometimes you need a little extra when it's 0 deg (or below :o) in the mornings!

That sounds fantastic  :-*  :-* JaneeZee and ILB if you'd like to buddy up, we can support each other and trouble shoot as we go. Do you want to take a couple of days to organise groceries etc. and then I can start back at day 1 with you both? This is only my second day, but just starting the diet and getting through day one is an achievement for me!!

Last nights day 2 meal (fish with mash potato) cooked in the thermomix was beautiful, great flavours and thankfully filling. I cooked some veges in the Varoma while the rest of the meal was cooking instead of having salad (too cold for salad for me). I decided not to let myself get too hungry for the remainder of the diet and will try to snack on fruit or a few nuts and have cooked foods instead of salads etc. if needed. I'd rather stick to it 80 - 90 % for the full 21 days, than be perfect and not make the first three  :'(  :)

vivacity

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 09:34:46 am »
I was thinking of downloading the weight loss diet too. Just reading the previous posts to this topic. Are there a lot of TMX recipes in this publication? If so, I might buy it.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:19:13 pm »

I'm about a week and a bit off being able to start - as you know we've got our Marketing Conference starting this weekend (there goes any weight loss!!).  If you want to get started straight away then go for it, I'll just lag behind a bit.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 01:27:16 pm »
I am also happy to lag behind a bit - we can ask you advice that way!!  I have a bit more than a couple of kilos to lose unfortunatley - I like my food too much!!!

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 01:36:02 am »
Vivacity if you're looking to download the diet, it is quite sensible and healthy with some great (mostly main meal) recipes, but these aren't converted for cooking in the thermomix. There's a book you can buy from Thermomix, I think it's called Healthy Eating with Cyndi O'Meara, that has most of the diet recipes converted.

I haven't been a member of a forum before and have just realised I've started a chat thread in the recipe section  ??? - should I go to another area? Sorry  :-[

If you need any support or to troubleshoot JaneeZee and ILB when you get started let me know. The first couple of days were difficult but it's a little easier today and I'm feeling more energetic. The two thermomix meals (last nights was orange marinaded chicken) I've made have been just beautiful. At the least this diet should help me to use and learn about the varoma a little more :) :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 04:38:13 am »
that's ok maggie, i'll move it (i hadn't even noticed lol)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 12:33:29 pm »
Good going Maggie. Yes I've gotten about 1/3 or half way before - but that was with a non supportive grumbling husband.  This time it will be easier (I hope  ??? ) with just me and miss 3 - she's going to just have to get used to it  ;) ;D

I was just thinking today that I think I'll start just after your Varoma demo Maggie. As soon as the conference is over I have 3 demos lined up between Thursday and Sunday - so best to plan to stick to it once I start I think..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:35:44 pm by I Love Bimby! »

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 01:09:21 pm »
I bet it's much easier this time ILB  :)  and it should be ok you can just feed Miss 3 ice-cream over those few weeks  ;) ;D

Three demos in four days - wow  :o  I only have one demo to go to and that will be hard enough, taste testing is absolutely mandatory  ;) :).  I think just writing on the forum about it has helped to keep me accountable so far, so it'll be great to have a buddy  :) :)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 01:32:54 pm »
well that will be a bit of a record for me!

And yes - I think Miss 3 would be delighted with icecream for 3 weeks - LOL, starting with chocolate icecream....

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 01:47:44 pm »
Great idea that! !  ;D ;D