Author Topic: Junior Masterchef! How Exciting!  (Read 3490 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Junior Masterchef! How Exciting!
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:37:33 pm »
The Junior Masterchef show looks very exciting.  My girls will be thrilled to watch it, I'm sure it will inspire many kids to get into the kitchen.

Since watching Masterchef with me, my 5 yr old's cooking role play has taken on a whole new feel.  She talks non-stop about what she's cooking, instead of just pretend stirring.  Her favourite is "Sausages and Cake and Ice-Cream" which she's adapted from a Quirky Jo recipe (Sausage and Dumpling Casserole).  While we love the original, luckily we only have to pretend to taste her version.

Can't wait  ;D ;D ;D ;D!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
Re: Junior Masterchef! How Exciting!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:54:47 pm »
I dont understand nothing of this post but im not english though. Is it about some kind of television show or what is this about?

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:39:00 pm »
I guess this post is a bit cryptic for non-Aussies.  Yes, Masterchef is a TV show which finished last night.  A Junior Masterchef version is coming soon, with cooks between 8 and 12 years old.

Check out this website to get an idea of what it's all about.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:28:24 am »
How cool is this show going to be!
Sooo many children are hooked on masterchef, that this junior version was inevitable.
I read somewhere that they were gobsmacked at how much some kids knew about food/cooking/ingredients.....that it would put a lot of adults to shame.

I guess this financial spinner is very clever, but if it encourages children/adults to prepare and eat fresh varied foods......all the power to them.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:16:29 am »
And Anna Gare is judging - she's absolutely the most gorgeous person - funny and entertaining too. 8)
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand