Author Topic: Hello - New to forum from Perth  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Zbee

• View Profile
Hello - New to forum from Perth
« on: July 24, 2011, 03:55:15 am »
Hello. I have had my Thermomix a few weeks now due to my persistent nagging my husband finally gave in.  ;)

I am a mother or two with my own bookkeeping business.

One of the main reason I bought the Thermomix was to help with my 3yo daughters diet. She is currently on a wheat, dairy, nut and soy free diet.

So far I have had fun making sushi, custard, soups, pasta, dips and my best dish would have to be the beef rendang. I am definitely going to buy the Indian Cookbook everyone raves about.

I would really appreciate some healthy recipes to suits my daughters diet and the whole family if someone could help me out? And if I am not asking too much a recipe that would win my husband over!

Also, with the beef rendang which I thought was the best curry I have ever made. I was wondering if the coconut milk could be changed for Light & Creamy instead as my husband is not a fan of coconut milk.

Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all soon. :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Hello - New to forum from Perth
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 04:14:31 am »
Hi and welcome Zbee, I'm glad you enjoying you TM. I can't help you much with the special diet recipes as our family don't have any restrictions on what the can eat but I know there is quiet a few forum members who can help you out. There are lots and lots of great recipes on this site that are so easy to make and are really yummy. The best recommendation I can give is read the comments people leave about recipes to get an idea on what to make.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 04:44:50 am »
Hi Zbee, welcome to the forum.  Yes you can use carnation light and creamy as a substitute.  I add a little bit of cornflour in with it as sometimes it splits (but not always). Quirky Jo has a blog worth browsing for some dairy free recipes and other healthy food. Brazen has a lot of GF foods on her blog so that is another one to check out.   Others will probably come on and give you more ideas.  Have fun.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:24:35 am »
Welcome to the forum Zbee.As Dede and Judy have pointed out, there will be many people who can help you with your daughters special diet.Just ask questions as someone will answer your query.Keep having fun cooking in your new TM ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 02:03:49 pm »
Hi Zbee and welcome to the forum.  You will hopefully find so much support in your search of friendly food for your daughter, there are many threads providing information and recipes for particular diets. Judy has directed you to great blogs and information.  Best of luck:)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Zbee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 03:22:46 pm »
Thank you all for your friendly advice.  I will look into them shortly.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 01:08:59 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 05:23:03 am »
Welcome Zbee! 
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 05:49:14 am »
Hi zbee and welcome to the forum. Why not pop over and   enter in the poll so we can keep track of where are members are from.
We have lots of delicious recipes here that our members have kindly posted - we also look forward to hearing from you if you have any queries, comments or converted recipes of your own to offer.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 08:47:51 am »
Welcome zbee. I think all the previous 'posters' have given excellent advice. Keep us informed with your adventures.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/