Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522293 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3435 on: June 16, 2012, 08:26:00 am »
I know ;) bless him

Have great fun with 21st

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: June 16, 2012, 09:19:35 am »
Good price Jakodai, you will certainly use it.

Thinking of buying the book "The Art of Pasta" by Lucio Galletto, its reduced at david Jones to $38.
The blurb, any got it?

I ordered my copy through eBay, same price.....hasn't arrived yet....it's over 3 weeks now....must chase it up!  >:(
.........EAT CAKE!

mcmich

« Reply #3437 on: June 16, 2012, 11:06:58 am »
The pasta book sounds good.

Finally bought a convection microwave today.
It's a panasonic. Have used it to make Morocan chicken for the salad for tonights dinner.
Made a self saucing pudding in too.
So far am very pleased.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: June 16, 2012, 11:22:09 am »
Good one mcmich. Does it have the steam thingy?  If mine dies I will get  a combo too.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #3439 on: June 16, 2012, 11:25:41 am »
Isn't a steam oven as well. I did look into getting one that steams.
Tenina said she loved hers and used it all the time until she got TMX and now doesn't use it much, so took that advice and just got convection/microwave.

stacelee

« Reply #3440 on: June 16, 2012, 02:02:22 pm »
The main reasons I ended up with the steam convection microwave is that I bake bread every day and I love the proofing function, plus I've seen what the commercial combi ovens are capable of.  I roasted a piece of lamb last night on steam convection and a chicken this morning and they were both beautiful.  My normal oven hates me so I wanted something that could do multiple roles.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: June 16, 2012, 08:34:08 pm »
Bought gum boots similar to these http://www.wellywarehouse.co.uk/joules_welly_range.php

For gardening in. Fed up with long ones when kneeling, bending etc.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: June 16, 2012, 08:43:47 pm »
Which ones DJ  ???
 I walk the dog wearing wellies,I have Aigles.Good boots but don't garden in them :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: June 16, 2012, 09:06:37 pm »
Wellie bobs from joules, with union jacks on!!!!!!! For fun. Won't wear them out of garden though!

I have aigles too at moment for farm and walking., and they were not great for gardening in.

Argyles are my favourite, black with red tops but they have changed the mold and they are not the same. Have had 2 prs these a year for ever! Until last year. Will try again next year, much cheaper than aigles, even buying 2 pairs.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: June 16, 2012, 09:14:13 pm »
Nice boots DJ ;) Be a devil and wear them shopping :D
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

stacelee

« Reply #3445 on: June 16, 2012, 09:18:03 pm »
Maybe I should get the brat to bring me some back...he was talking about crystal from Waterford when they go there.....I've tried to discourage him.....I saw him pack...I'm not sure it would make it back in one piece....boots might have a better chance :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: June 16, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »
Maybe I should get the brat to bring me some back...he was talking about crystal from Waterford when they go there.....I've tried to discourage him.....I saw him pack...I'm not sure it would make it back in one piece....boots might have a better chance :)
Whatever he buys stacelee get him to get the VAT( value added tax of 20%) back as he is a visitor :)

stacelee

« Reply #3447 on: June 16, 2012, 09:33:28 pm »
I'll try to, but he is only 16 (almost 17) he will probably think it all too hard...like sending a text message to his mother from Bangkok, I'm still waiting for that one.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: June 16, 2012, 09:37:36 pm »
I'll try to, but he is only 16 (almost 17) he will probably think it all too hard...like sending a text message to his mother from Bangkok, I'm still waiting for that one.
He'll be enjoying himself too much to text. ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: June 16, 2012, 11:06:18 pm »
If you want Waterford you might be better shopping at Peters of Kensington .  I would not be risking DS doing any shopping there. Probably cheaper at Peters when the have a sale anyway.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.