Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4538861 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8805 on: June 01, 2013, 06:44:12 am »
Can you taste in all the T 2 shops?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: June 01, 2013, 06:46:32 am »
The ones I've been in you can, Gert.... It's usually.. You taste it and 9/10 times you'll buy it!! LOL

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: June 01, 2013, 07:03:38 am »
I knew I shouldn't come back to this thread.

gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #8808 on: June 01, 2013, 07:30:44 am »
Its a dangerous shop.  I walked in to buy more Chilli Kiss today and walked out with that and a new travel mug to add to the numerous ones I already have...I was bribed by them filling it with hot arctic fire tea for me...what can I say....it's a cold day and it was purple.

We also bought a new treadmill today....not sure whether to be happy about that one....

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: June 01, 2013, 08:46:26 am »
Every time I go to Sydney I'm in T2. Can hardly wait until it opens in Cairns. I hope I'm not in there every weekend. I have enough different teas and not enough time to drink it all. I'm disappointed they didn't make the café with it. I wanted to buy the franchise, but obviously someone beat me to it.

I was just looking at houses for sale in cairns and a picture of a kitchen, low and behold had a thermomix. Funny seeing them around. I went into a café the other day and you can see through the door to the kitchen and sure enough a thermomix sitting on the bench.

I always look at  the kitchens in the property section to spot a TMX MB . Leon at WinkII has a Thermomix. . Tell me which cafe had one? Nice to know a place where you know there is someone cooking who knows what they are talking about. Sounds like I may have to visit the T2 shop when it opens.

Gert
I can't remember exactly Gert, but it's in city place and I think it's bewitched or something? Next to Rockmans.

No wonder I loved my garlic mash potato at Wink, didn't realise Leon had one. But it makes sense now. His food is very nice but he doesn't often change the menu so we haven't been for a while.

Definitely go into T2. You will be able to taste and try different teas. They usually have a few different teas to try everyday. The cafés are really nice and it would have been perfect to open one in central but the shop is too small to have both I imagine.

Gert, did you buy a spatula from super kitchen machine website as well? If so, was it any good? I imagine it would be? Just trying to decide if I should get one or not and the tablet holder. I'm just using my trusty Tupperware spatula at the moment which does the job pretty good.

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: June 01, 2013, 08:53:57 am »
And now I NEED really expensive T2 tea! I should NEVER come here!

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: June 01, 2013, 08:58:05 am »
LOL .. Take a number and join the queue,  Brumington!! LOL I think we're all there!!!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-
« Reply #8812 on: June 01, 2013, 09:08:24 am »
MB you really need to buy at least two of the Spatulas from SuperKitchen machine. I have had mine since she started selling them and then I bought more for gifts. I think I may have five  now. They are brilliant. So is the little brush.  I should have asked for another  two brushes  with my Kribbitts and maybe she could have popped them in the bag for the same mailing price. I think she has the weights tightened down due to shipping costs and sells things as cheap as she can without going broke! She just loves the Thermomix and people who love it.

Gert

stacelee

« Reply #8813 on: June 01, 2013, 09:56:26 am »
I thought the T2 tea was really expensive until I worked out how much I was spending on diet soft drinks.  The teas have been really helpful as my treats while I was losing weight and are a heap healthier than diet soft drinks.  When you REALLY need a chocolate hit, you can't go past Creamy Choc Chai although the Terrific Toffee and Creme Brulee teas are too sweet for me...my daughter loves them.  Madagascan Vanilla is a great substitute for a cake hit.  I keep meaning to work out how many cups you get to a box but its quite a few. 

My biggest problem with T2 is the cute cups and accessories that they get in.  A few months ago an owl tea cosy just had to come home with me and a rainbow tea cozy accidentally fell in my shopping bag on Mother's day.  I've also brought home way too many tea cups.  They have the most gorgeous bright oversized cups and saucers at the moment but I've run out of room to put them and I already have a bright red and a bright purple one from a year ago.

To Kribbitt or not to Kribbitt????? That is the question :P

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: June 01, 2013, 10:08:43 am »
Stacelee...Ask not what you can do for Kribbitt, but what Kribbitt can do for you!!  ;)

From what I can see, if you use an iPad etc you probably can't do without one of these....

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: June 01, 2013, 10:57:56 am »
DH surprised me with an ipad as an early birthday present today (doing a happy dance). Off to buy a kribbit or two. Thanks Gert for sharing.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: June 01, 2013, 11:19:54 am »
Well I am writing this from the bath with the iPad sitting in the Kribbitt on the side of the bath. Totally secure. I think I might buy one of those thingys that sits  across the tub so I can rest the Kribbitt on it or really my Kindle so I don't have to hold it.

When you girls receive your Kribbitts I am I interested  to know if I am crazy in love with the Kribbitt  for no reason or is it really the best gadget  ever. If Helene could afford to give them away I think she would. Probably Canadian Post is the winner .

Gert

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: June 01, 2013, 11:34:47 am »
I need a kribbit too!!!!!!!!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: June 01, 2013, 12:22:42 pm »
Gert I you are not the only crazy one. I watched the video and just had to have one. Bought one for my sister too. It seems awesome and I can't wait for it to arrive.

DH made a timber bath table for the boys to put toys on. Easy to make but sooo dear to buy a good one. Sorry about the poor photo. I had to crop two nudey boys out of it ;D

Enjoy your bath :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: June 01, 2013, 12:35:14 pm »
Kimmy you will love the iPad. 
I love the bath thing a ma jig. Clever DH.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/