Author Topic: Hi, Just joined!  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Judydg

• View Profile
Hi, Just joined!
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:53:25 am »
Hi, I have just joined the forum even tho' I don't yet have a Thermomix!

Story is I moved from Perth to Brisbane for 2 years. Came back to Perth 6 months ago to find out half of my friends had all got TM's. Well I do like to keep up with the Jones's and was intrigued by everyone raving! I used to love cooking but am fed up with the routine of making dinners for fussy kids every night and currently have a tiny kitchen so am thinking maybe the TM could re-ignite my interest in cooking.
I went to a friend's Varoma demo first, thought it looked quite good but very expensive. Then more recently went to the basic demo and was much more impressed. I just need to convince my husband it is worth the cost.
I have thought about becoming a demonstrator to pay off the machine but to be honest I'm not sure I would be able to get the pre-requsite 5 party bookings - especially as so many friends alsready have had parties and/or have the TM. So I think I might just pay it over 3 months.
Anyway enough rambling  - I am looking forward to getting to know more about theTM and hopefully get my own soon.

Judy

Offline johnro

• View Profile
Re: Hi, Just joined!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 06:03:26 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum Judy.  Just keep researching and discovering as much as possible about TMX and be sure to get your DH to a demo.  I like the majority of owners could be parted from any other kitchen appliance but don't take thermie - good luck in the acquisition of this kitchen miracle.  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:09:06 am »
I don't think it matters how you get one as long as you get one, although I think becoming a consultant is probably quite a lot of hard work. The 3 monthly payments method sounds pretty good.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 09:22:35 am »
From one Judy to another - hi and welcome to the forum.  Amazing that so many of your friends have a TMX - you have no choice but to join them otherwise you are going to be bored out of your brain listening to them talk about their machines. We are a bit fanatical and a breed of our own so, as the saying goes,  if you can't beat them, join them  :D :D 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 10:45:19 am »
Welcome to the forum Judy.We are very biased here on the forum and love our TM's.I'm sure if you bought one you will become obsessed because it opens you up to a whole new way of cooking. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 10:58:06 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum Judy.  Take your Husband along to a demo - that was the clencher for me!!!

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 01:02:24 pm »
Welcome Judydg. It's a good idea to take your DH along to a demo- the boys seem to fall in love with the technical side of the machine and who cares which reason helps you get a TMX  ;) ;)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 02:09:02 am »
Hi Judy2. As everyone has said the TMX is truly a magic machine. Even after 2 or more years people are still raving about them and use them at least once every day. I've had mine 2½ years and find I am using it more every day as I still think 'oh yes, I can do that in the TMX.'
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Judydg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 12:35:19 pm »
Thanks for all the kind welcomes! I have just heard about the July incentive of 9 months interest free plus large & small thermoservers when you host a demo so I think I will go ahead. I can always look into the consultant side when I have my machine.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 12:36:38 pm »
That July incentive is certainly a good one to go for.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 02:25:41 pm »
Welcome,the interest free option would have to encourage. Absolutely perfect with a small kitchen.
Denise

Offline Judydg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 11:06:41 am »
Well I have taken the plunge and ordered my TM. ;D ;D Not getting it delivered until the end of the month as we go on holiday for 2 weeks this Saturday.
Party booked for mid August to get my Thermoservers  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 11:13:19 am »
Great news Judy.  You will love the thermosavers too.  Have a great holiday.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 11:15:56 am »
Congratulations Judydg,you will love it once you get your hands on it  :D :D Great month to order as well with the bonus of two Thermosavers.Lucky you,I wish they were available in the UK.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 01:10:32 pm »
Welcome Judy!  The THX is expensive, but if you like cooking it's a great help + it saves so much time!
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)