Author Topic: so what was your favourite...  (Read 19320 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: so what was your favourite...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 11:29:58 pm »
My fave was {surprise, surprise} my Steam Oven...here I am admitting out loud, that I hardly use the darn thing anymore...here's hoping my DH doesn't stumble across this posting! :-\

Great - something that we can use for blackmail  :P - I want to win again in the Monthly Mouthful  ;)  Guess I need to send in a recipe tho'  :-[
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 04:39:19 pm »
i have never heard of the remoska or the steam oven!

the remoska looks fantastic - except you can only cook one thing at a time in it?

Well, you can't batch bake in it.  If I'm doing that, then I still switch on the oven.  But you can put a separator in the pan and cook 2 things at once that way.

I'll see if I can find the Oz distributor, if you like.  It definitely says on the remoska website that they are also in Australia, but the site's mainly in Czeck rather than English, and doesn't link to the Oz site  >:(
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 04:57:43 am »
I'll be boring and say my electric beaters coz that's about all I used apart from my electric frypan, but I still use that. All my other appliances I couldnt' be bothered to get out of the cupboard. I donated them all to my church garage sale (except for the beaters, crockpot and popcorn maker). Goodbye blender, food processor, barmix and I can't remember what else.

Cathy
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 04:16:40 am »
Hands down the toasted sandwich maker! Many lunches, snacks and scratch together teas made in that and still are! Had most other appliances but never used of course. I got a bread maker at a clearing sale for $2 worked fine but only ever made 2 loaves in it! got money back i suppose  :)
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 12:36:45 pm »
It was my credit card on the phone to the local takeout places.....

LOL

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 12:38:08 pm »
ROFLMAO  ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 06:28:33 am »
Have to make up all that money you spent on the TMX now S.... DH isn't going to know what hit him!  :D
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 08:59:57 am »
I think even with the cost of the tmx and switching to organic we'll still be better off than we were eating all that crap (both financially and health wise!).

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 10:31:10 am »
Snoozie, you'll notice big changes soon.

My pantry and fridge look very different now.  Less boxes and more tupperware with food in them.  At the moment you can choose between homemade custard, homemade cake, homemade yoghurt, homemade muesli bars, homemade bread and jam, and there's leftover mashed potato and meatloaf in the fridge.  Sounds look I've been cooking up a storm, but each thing takes almost no time.

We're definitely eating much better.  And we made our final payment on TM last week so it's all savings from here.  WOOHOO!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 10:46:41 am »
Yeehaa Cathy!! :D  ;D

and you already are better off S! ;)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 10:47:08 am »
I agree Cathy.  It is amazing how different your pantry and cupboards can look after just a couple of weeks/months with a TMX.  I am able to stick to my food budget each month now and that includes buying quite a bit of organic food.  We are eating so much more fruit, veg and whole grains - I love it.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 07:02:10 am »
Definitely my Kitchen Aide mixer. I still love it, but only use it for sponges and larger cakes.

I have a bench top turbo oven, larger than the Remoska, but rarely use it because it's too heavy and takes up too much room on the bench. Also, awkward to get things out of when it's hot. Similar to this Turbo Oven I lend it out to people when their kitchens are being renovated!
Food processor now only mills salts for my Mineral Salts, and Bread Machine is sitting in my workshop waiting for a garage sale!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 07:05:31 am by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 07:07:08 am »
I have a kitchen aid mixmaster with attachments.
i also love my slow cooker.
i love my thermomix, its about 1 month old now.

I have given away 4 appliances already.
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Tebasile

• View Profile
    • http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 03:09:29 pm »
Before  ????  Coffeemaker and a microwave  :-)) I used all my cupboard space for packaged and processed food  :D
Elisabeth -Thermomix Consultant- from Ontario, Canada
http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 05:55:46 pm »
I have kept my slow cooker and a hand mixer for meringue. I also still use a dedicated coffee grinder which I never wash! Now in two houses the hand mixer went to the new home where I only spend weekends. I had two slow cookers so one to each house. the children have my Kenwood mixer - they share a flat in the city and can now make cakes etc - but Thermomixer is the wedding present - no boyfriends at present so somewhere in the future.