Author Topic: Nwebie  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
    • Your Midwife
Nwebie
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:37:57 am »
It was a little over six months ago when I was first introduced to Thermie and for some strange reason I was compelled to adopt one of these powerful machines. Little did I know at the time how much this decision would affect our lives.

It was only a few weeks after introducing Thermie into our home that things started to change. The first thing we noticed was our clothes had started to shrink!!!! Of course we instantly blamed our washing machine. But how could this be? This white box has given us great service over a number of years without any problems. And then it hit us. Global warming. Somehow global warming has affected the water and this is what is causing our clothes to shrink. This theory was proven a few weeks later after a few days of heavy rain. we noticed that something was happening to our car. The steering wheel was a little closer to my tummy. The hand break was a little closer to my hip. OMG the global warming affected rain was causing our car to shrink!!! Things were starting to get very scary. Imagine the problems we are up against if everything that water came into contacted with started to shrink. I even considered showering with bottled water. After all there is a certain part of my body that I would hate to see shrink.

It was only when we had to re-enforce the legs on our chairs and the bed that we realised what was actually happening. Our world was not shrinking. We were expanding. And the culprit, well that was pretty obvious. It was not global warming it was...........Thermie

So here I am. Feeling vulnerable. Introducing myself to you all. And the only think I can say is......

Hi I’m Alan and I’m a Thermoholic

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Nwebie
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:43:12 am »
Welcome Alan - good to have you aboard!!!  :D You've come to a safe place - We are all thermoholics on here. You may even be able to find links where people have been able to combine their Thermie addiction and lose weight at the same time. All the best with that! I'm a happy Thermoholic!  ;) :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 02:47:01 am »
Welcome Alan. I loved your introduction.  I had been blaming being over 60 for all the above happening, I now realise and admit to myself that I am also a Thermaholic.....................and I love it.   I greatly admire those you have the machines and can lose weight.

What do you enjoy making in the machine?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 03:14:47 am »
Hi Alan, welcome to the forum.  Our male members seem to have a great sense of humour and it is nice to come on here and have a good laugh.  You will find you will cut down over time, we all start off this way I think then find a happy medium whereby we can cook but not let it affect our weight.  Many of our members go street walking to give their goodies away, send them off with their partners to work for morning tea or as I do, have one and put the rest in the freezer so that I can't eat too many at a time.    Glad to hear you have joined the rest of the Thermoholics and hope to hear more about your adventures.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 05:09:25 am »
Welcome Alan, My name is Kathryn and I am a Thermoholic  ;D ;D lol love it

Many of us have suffered the same affliction - we cant seem to give away the shrinking man that lives at our house, we first got him from my FIL. Keep trying to return him but he seems to like our place better  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 05:25:32 am »
welcome Alan and thanks for the laugh  ;D loved your humourous introduction
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:47:07 am »
Welcome to the Forum Alan

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 10:01:50 am »
Alan,  welcome to the forum.   Loved your intro.    We have all experienced the same problems ;D.  Hope you enjoy the Forum and can share some of your recipes with us.

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 01:08:51 pm »
Welcome to TA (Thermoholics Anonymous) Alan, we are all addicted and isn't it great to see that you are not the only one!!  Speaking of extra kilos, i think i might go and put on a nice warm custard to have on this chilly night!   ;) ;)
Emma from Victoria

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 01:34:41 pm »
Welcome Alan. Isn't it nice to be amongst like minded people ;D ;D ;D
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 02:52:12 pm »
So that's what's been happening! I thought the jeans that I had put away over summer and succumbed to some sort of 'top of the cupboard' shrinkage issue.

My name is Megan and I'm a Thermoholic.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 12:25:09 am »
Alan, it sounds like your TMX has the same fault as mine - it's missing the portion control attachment!  I've tried and tried to find one, but they're very elusive.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 01:37:03 am »
My name is Gretchen and I am a Thermoholic . i am one of a group of people seen wandering the streets with trays of goodies to distribute to the strangers and neighbours on my street. Funny they used to be good neighbours but are now mostly strangers who pretend not to know me when I approach. I think I may have turned in to an Alien. Alas when I look into the mirror all I see is  a double of the person I used to be.

Welcome Nwebie to TA

Gertbysea
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 05:20:35 am »
LOL - good work Alan.  At least you have admitted that there is a problem, but unfortunately nobody here has the solution - we are probably even more addicted.  :o :o :o :o

Great to have you on board.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.