Author Topic: Hi from Boston  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Abbybs

• View Profile
Hi from Boston
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:57:50 am »
Hello.  My name is Abby and I am joining the forum from Boston.  I just received my Thermomix (via Canada) a few weeks ago.  I am thrilled and can't wait to really get to know it this summer when I have some time off to experiment.  I learned about the Thermomix while trolling for gluten free recipes on blogs.  I am really looking forward to learning from this forum and sharing my successes with the forum. 
Thanks!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Hi from Boston
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:13:54 pm »
Abbybs,  welcome to the Forum,  I hope you have fun with your TMX and find lots of useful recipes.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:08:34 pm »
Welcome Abby :)  Hope you enjoy your TMX, great fun

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 03:33:16 pm »
Hi Abby, welcome.  Knowing how hard it is for you over there to purchase the TMX, you must really want one to go to all that trouble.  Glad you've got yours. You will spend a lot of time browsing the recipes we have here on the forum and they are growing by the day.  Have fun.  Any questions, please feel free to ask as we have many helpful people on this forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 07:57:34 am »
Welcome to the forum Abby.  This forum is full of great, helpful people so in no time you will become an expert!!!

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 01:46:35 am »
Hi Abbybs.

Welcome and congrats on your TMX.  I have a son who doesn't tolerate gluten (mostly wheat) very well and the TMX is an absolute blessing in helping us cater for his needs.  As gluten is hidden in so many things now,  :P :P :P making food from scratch was the best way for us to go.  The best bit is our TMX has the benefit of helping to keep the whole family healthy as we now eat processed foods very rarely.  Try Cyndi's gluten free bread - it is the tastiest, healthiest GF bread we have ever had - it even toasts beautifully and stays moist for a few days. Have fun  ;D ;D ;D with your TMX. 

Earth mumma

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:04:53 am »
Hi Abby and welcome to the forum. You will find lots of good ideas here and hopefully you will spread the TMX word in the States. I came from Syracuse  to Australia over 45 years ago and now live in Tropical North Queensland. No more snow for me.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 05:07:54 am »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 06:54:27 am »
Welcome Abby
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 09:27:02 am »
Welcome to the forum. I'll look forward to your sharing your experiences with us.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 02:29:38 am »
Welcome - love those who go the extra mile in US to get a TMX.  Sure you'll have fun with it.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 03:43:48 am »
Welcome Abby - there are some that will really welcome your input once you get up and going and then there are some of us that will use your recipes just to reduce our gluten intake  ;)

I bet it seems like it is taking forever for your holidays to arrive now that the other longest wait (waiting for your TMX) is over  ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!