Author Topic: Happy Greetings from Malaysia  (Read 20732 times)

Offline Chris-Nekkhammaruci

• View Profile
Re: Happy Greetings from Malaysia
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05:00 am »
Hi All

Just to update those have been following my "stories"  -  HQ has found no faulty parts on my thermie and to make long story short... I had my house electrical rewired yesterday just to avoid being electrocuted when using the machine.  Have yet to test the thermie yet and my thermix has returned home a few days ago. Just hope that the source of problem is from my house wiring...

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05:54 am »
I hope so too as that would have been quite expensive.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2014, 07:19:55 am »
I hope so too, an extreme measure to get the house rewired.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 08:23:44 am »
Hello Chris, welcome to the forum.  Hopefully with what you have done the problem will now be solved and you can get back to cooking in your machine. 

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 03:54:20 pm »
I hope so too as that would have been quite expensive.

Hi  Cookie :   Yes I know rewiring could cost a bomb here and my electrician did checking and said instead of rewiring, he has done "earthing" and a minimum rewiring  and save me around RM7k.  It took him two days to do the jobs and I added two wall sockets near my work station for easy access to my thermie.

Now I happy to announce that so far no electrifying happen as I just use my thermie to prepare tonite's dinner.. ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »
I hope so too, an extreme measure to get the house rewired.

Hi Judydawn  :  Yeah I know i took an extreme measure but I so desperate to solve the problem but now I am happy to say that my electrician managed to do a minimum rewiring and added "earthing" for the whole house and helped me save RM7k and I just spent RM1k instead....very happy. 

BTW  just cooked dinner with thermie, recipe from Quirky Cooking...very nice...a dish that I tweaked a bit - Vegetarian  Nacho Topping with Kidney Beans ...added chicken (leftover), 1 can of mixed beans, peri-peri and instead of poached eggs I fried the eggs.  So now I look forward to experiment more and more recipe from this site and other related thermomix recipes...  thanks for all the kind words and encouragement...

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 04:06:52 pm »
Hello Chris, welcome to the forum.  Hopefully with what you have done the problem will now be solved and you can get back to cooking in your machine. 

Hi Emme,    Thanks for the kind words....yes problem is solved and I just cooked my 1st dish (after my thermie discharged from ward)  a nice / delicious recipe from Quirky Cooking....Vegetarian Nacho Topping with Kidney Beans  with a bit of tweak..

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2014, 08:02:31 pm »
Hi Chris - It's really good news that you have your TMX back with you . . . and it sounds as though it might have been a bit of a blessing in disguise that this whole episode has prompted you to have your electricity supply checked out.  Electricity is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!!  Wonderful now that you can now be exploring all the great food that can be prepared in the tmx!! :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 12:44:36 am »
It most certainly does GF, there you go Chris - the Thermomix working it's wonders in a different way.  Now on with the cooking without fear. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2014, 02:06:59 am »
Hi Chris - It's really good news that you have your TMX back with you . . . and it sounds as though it might have been a bit of a blessing in disguise that this whole episode has prompted you to have your electricity supply checked out.  Electricity is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!!  Wonderful now that you can now be exploring all the great food that can be prepared in the tmx!! :D

After all this episode, now I do feel that it is a blessing in disguise... ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2014, 02:08:54 am »
It most certainly does GF, there you go Chris - the Thermomix working it's wonders in a different way.  Now on with the cooking without fear. 

Yes,  I agreed..of all the problem it comes back to the rewiring and nothing wrong w the thermomix....Now no fear but a bit of phobia when touching it but I will get over it soon.....

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 12:25:40 pm »
I'm pleased that it has all ended well. Happy thermomixing.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 11:15:42 am »
Great that there is a resolution and an end to the worry Chris. You can enjoy cooking with TMX now.  :)

Offline julie lee

• View Profile
Thermomix gives electric shock
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2016, 05:05:18 am »
Hi everyone! I am also from Malaysia and my Thermomix has also been giving me electric shock whenever I touch the metal pot. So I am alwasy very careful not to touch the pot whenever I use it. I have been using it for many years now although not very regularly. Recently, my mom came and used it and then insisted that I call the Thermomix supplier to have it checked. Anyone else has this problem? I am wondering if I need to rewire as well....hmm..

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2016, 09:15:13 am »
I would think Julie Lee you need an electrician to test your electricity outlets and supply into your house. I have never had a shock from my TM in all the years I have owned one.I hope you get it sorted soon.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.