Author Topic: Does anyone take their thermie to work  (Read 3554 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Does anyone take their thermie to work
« on: May 21, 2013, 07:18:45 am »
I am thinking of bringing one of my thermies, and my slow cooker to work. ;D  I also have the 5 in 1 slow cook / pressure cook at home too.
Does anyone do that.

I have heaps of space on my kitchenette bench at work, plenty of time at work to prepare meals, or cook then take home.

I have 2 thermo servers, to transport meals in.  Just trying to get more organized..

No real Oven at work though..I have a Sunbeam pizza, bake and grill at work.., Microwave too.

Any thoughts for me, or ideas.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone take their thermie to work
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:26:13 am »
I've often thought about taking my TMX to work to make Team lunches (soup/risotto) but I work in schools and a university so security is a bit of an issue as I can't always be close by.

I have taken my slow cooker to work and had soup cooking in the staffroom for lunch. I made the soup the night before and just used the slow cooker to reheat it. This also allowed for people to have their lunch at different times.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

stacelee

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 07:44:40 am »
I often have my Thermochef at work and my mothers Kenwood lives here now.  I don't have an issue with an oven as I now have permission (I nagged my husband) to use the Combi oven that is in our demo kitchen.  I'm going to be spending some time with it tomorrow as I have lots of biscuits and muffins to bake for a funeral that is on Thursday that I volunteered to help with the wake.   I've been making soups and risottos for lunch for my husband, mother and myself although our staff seem to be getting in on the act as well...particularly when there is fresh bread and biscuits going.

If you don't have an oven at work, I can thoroughly recommend getting a convection microwave.  I normally do all of my baking in my convection microwave (after reading a hint on here....unfortunately it is currently out of action due to my son breaking a piece of plastic off of the door...the part won't be in until end of June :( ).  My other recommendation is double up on some of the utensils/baking tins/casserole dishes etc.  I have finally bought/stolen (from our stock) some stuff to keep at work because it is always at home when I need it or at work when I need it at home.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:09:25 am »
I would get no work done...  ;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:12:15 am »
I get my work done, but have to rush home and cook for 6, so I thought I would take stuff to work.

Think I will trial it and see how it goes. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Does anyone take their thermie to work
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:23:23 am »
Robyn just be careful taking electrical appliances into the workplace. I think there is a rule that they need to be tested and tagged on a regular basis by a licensed electrician???

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:31:58 am »
Robyn, I think it's different because st your own business and you are able to do things at your own pace. If you don't need to take things to and for it would work but I think you would need to extremely organized to make sure you have the ingredients etc in the right place at the right time.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 12:05:42 pm »
Yes I do,I work from home, ho ho ho, looking after 3 of the male species ;D
Mum to Crown Prince......