Author Topic: Water filters  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Water filters
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:20:04 pm »
Since moving into this new house, I have noticed that I can smell chlorine in the water quite a bit so I'm thinking of installing a water filter.

So far I have looked at the one that Cyndi O Meara recommends on her Changing Habits site which looks great. I'm open to looking at others and also wanted to know for those of you that do have them, do you notice a difference in the water?

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
Re: Water filters
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:32:12 pm »
I'm not familiar with the Cyndi O'Meara book. I had this brita one installed a few months ago and am very happy with it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:35:35 pm »
We use a Southern Cross Potteries bench top purifier in our shop and like it very much.  It is not as convenient as one that filters from a tap, as you have to top it up yourself, but the water tastes great and it is visually attractive.

We also use the Brita jugs in our kitchen and they seem to be pretty OK too.

Given the choice between our two different systems and / or a filter fitted to your water tap, I would go for the tap alternative simply for convenience (make sure that cleaning the filter is easy and check costs of replacement filters as well) but there is nothing wrong with either of the above two that we do use.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:28:24 pm »
 Find a Davey water treatment centre, and get a Microlene water filter. they are the best.

PM me if you want any more details...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 10:14:50 pm »
Like Marina, we just use the filtering jugs at home. They are easy and cheap :)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »
Looking into all of them and reading up. They certainly are pricey!! I'm not interested in the jugs as I want to remove the smell of chlorine so I think an undersink one is what I'll get ...just a matter of which one.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 11:40:52 pm »
We have one plunged in to our fridge, its fantastic.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 12:39:18 am »
We have one that was meant to just be attached to the kitchen tap but my wonderful DH made it an under bench system with its own tap, we love it, (we all drink water every day, other drinks on special occasions,only 1 drink of juice/milk at dinner time, then water....) We buy a new filter cartridge each year and it is all good.  :D
:D

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 09:00:55 pm »
 why dont you get a small rain water tank ,some fit under the eaves and tight places  . we have one and have connected a tap to our sink . so we have fresh water  easy

South West WA AUSTRALIA