Author Topic: Hello from Adelaide (waiting to be a TMX owner)  (Read 8311 times)

Offline ~Vanessa~

• View Profile
Hello from Adelaide (waiting to be a TMX owner)
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:58:25 am »
Hi everyone, I am waiting to be a Thermomix owner, (should be this week hopefully, money has gone from my account, now just to wait for the machine to arrive).

We are a family of 2 (me and DP) we both work full time and live on 2 acres on the outskirts of town, and avoid artificial flavours, flavour enhancers, colours and preservatives, and are currently experimenting with low gluten foods. I'm hoping that the TMX will open up new possibilities to food, whether that is cooking more of the foods which I can make but cant be bothered (breads, jams, sauces etc) or being able to make different foods which we have given up as part of avoiding "nasty additives", things like pizzas (make our own base, and base sauce), Tacos, yiros's (and probably many more)

What should I expect from my "delivery"?

I have been trying to think of some simple, quick things to "cook" when my machine arrives while the consultant is there to help me out, I have been thinking about the foods we currently eat and how we could do this in the TMX.

So far I have thought about rice cooked by the absorption method (is this possible in the TMX?), butter, GF meat patties (carrot, onion and garlic grated, mixed with leftover rice, mince and egg) I would like to find a good bread recipe to give that a go as well.

Vanessa
Vanessa - Adelaide, South Australia

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Adelaide (waiting to be a TMX owner)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:12:13 am »
Hello and welcome, Vanessa.  :)

There are alot of recipes on this wonderful forum, I'm sure someone with more computer skills will link them for you!
Isi's bread recipes are great, and the recipe titled "enough rice to feed the family" or something similar is a good one too.

Enjoy. :)

BTW, I think there is someone with a very similar name already on this forum??
:D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 05:26:27 am »
Hi Vanessa, welcome to the forum. You are going to love your new TM when it arrives. It's always hard at the beginning trying to work out what to make as there are so many choices to pick from.
As for bread are you looking for a GF bread recipe or any recipe? There are quiet a few good ones on the forum. I love the No fuss bread, it's really easy too.
Good luck.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 05:49:01 am »
Welcome Vanessa. the first thing I would make would be Isi's Portuguese bread rolls. I make it's a loaf though.,it is absolutely never fail. If you have one yummy fragrant success you will,be very pleased with yourself.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline ~Vanessa~

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 06:13:21 am »

BTW, I think there is someone with a very similar name already on this forum??

Oops, a quick scan of the member list tells me you are correct, maybe I should put my thinking cap on and think of something different.....that is if you can change your user name??

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 07:01:00 am »
Welcome Vanessa. You are going to love your machine. Here is the link to Isi's rolls. Like Gert I often make this as a loaf too.This is the link to the No Fuss rolls.

Looking at the member list the other 'Vanessas' haven't posted and have been members for some time.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 07:14:28 am »
That was a quick name change Vanessa, well done.  Welcome to our wonderful forum where answers are willingly given if we are able.

Here's the rice method you are after - Chookies absorbtion method rice

I would contact the consultant and tell her what you would like to cook at your delivery demo.  Custards, sorbets etc are dead easy and you would be better off making something a little more substantial if you are able.  One of the first things people make is the vegetable stock concentrate so that you have it on hand immediately but once again, it is so simple you may wish to disregard this one too.  I'd tell her you want to make a meal, bread/rolls or a cake/dessert - or all three if possible.  Have a browse of the forum and pick out some recipes that you are able to request.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ~Vanessa~

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 07:41:12 am »
Welcome Vanessa. You are going to love your machine. Here is the link to Isi's rolls. Like Gert I often make this as a loaf too.This is the link to the No Fuss rolls.

Looking at the member list the other 'Vanessas' haven't posted and have been members for some time.

Cookie1, thanks for those links I will check them out, and yes I did notice the other "Vanessa's" look like they signed up quite a while ago but have not been active

Offline ~Vanessa~

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 07:42:54 am »

I would contact the consultant and tell her what you would like to cook at your delivery demo.  Custards, sorbets etc are dead easy and you would be better off making something a little more substantial if you are able.  One of the first things people make is the vegetable stock concentrate so that you have it on hand immediately but once again, it is so simple you may wish to disregard this one too.  I'd tell her you want to make a meal, bread/rolls or a cake/dessert - or all three if possible.  Have a browse of the forum and pick out some recipes that you are able to request.

It was actually the consultant who recommended we think of a couple of things to cook while she was there

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 11:22:23 am »
Hi Vanessa & welcome to the forum!
I live it Adelaide also.
I hope your TMX arrives quickly  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 11:35:03 am »
Hi Vanessa Welcome! http://thermovixens.com/mediterranean-loaf/ this was one of my first loaves and still making it will all different fillings, it works out well every time and is particularly nice with pesto spread over before you roll up.  Enjoy your TMX

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 12:56:51 pm »
Welcome Vanessa to the forum.Have fun cooking when your TM arrives :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 01:23:26 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 08:14:03 pm »
Hello and welcome- enjoy the cooking and the forum and of course the  *:

mcmich

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 08:07:40 am »
Welcome to the forum Vanessa.