Author Topic: Bad Customer service  (Read 9815 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Bad Customer service
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:16:12 pm »
Bad customer service, do you care,,, :o

I had a lady in the office shop so totally rude to me 3 months ago, I have not been back.

Last week the same shop charged me stuff, which was not mine, instead of another customers. (email the invoices)  When i rang them, and explained the mistake, we don't buy that from you. No staff that name work for me, the lady who made the mistake, went on and on about how she was right.

I then explained why I had not been in there for 3 months, after the last purchase..

So, Do I just forget, or would you tell the owner, who was not there both times.. >:(
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Bad Customer service
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:30:04 pm »
Definately tell the owner, it is their business and if one of their staff is causing loss of custom then they need to know.
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:40:14 pm »
YES ...speak with the owner!
I would also find out his/ her name, and address it in a letter to them alsoalso.  Attach a copy of the wrong invoice, and relay the women's conversation and attitude....she will more than likely deny anything that was verbal.
It's not acceptable behaviour at all.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:16:15 pm »
don't get me started on customer service

i am sure this lady has been reported b4 and nothing was done about it. 
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:27:38 pm »
Definately do something about it, Robyn.  Don't pay either. Hope something good comes out of it all!   :)
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:10:27 am »
That sort of thing really gets my knickers in a knot Robyn >:(

Bl**dy rude woman! Tell her where to go!
And then make a complaint to the boss ;)

;D

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 12:29:35 am »
Just make sure the bad employee isn't a family member or friend of the boss' though!

But I would definitely make a complaint regarding the bad service.  Feedback is important for all business', both negative and positive.  What they choose to do with that feedback is their choice (or their downfall is they don't do anything about it), but at least you know you've made yourself heard.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 12:31:36 am »
Thanks all.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 01:32:24 am »
Robyn,

I would write a letter to the manager and attach the invoices. Explain in the letter that you tried to resolve the issue over the phone with (name) and the lady who made the mistake, went on and on about how she was right.

Explain that this is the second time you have received terrible service from this suppliers employees.

And then send them an invoice for wasting your time  ;D
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 02:35:02 am »
Don't get me started.
DH has gone to visit his Mum this morning armed with a myriad of paper. The STUPID nursing home sent us an account (not the first by any means) that is $10,000 too much. They do this almost every month. They have not even added the figures up correctly of the monthly fee that we do owe. I have had disagreements with the HO regarding this and got no where. The 'creature' that does their accounts is as thick as a brick and can't see that she is making such dreadful errors. She does half using the computer and half by hand. (doesn't use her brain though) They wonder why we don't do direct debit. :-[ :-[

Sorry Robyn, I feel for you, especially this morning. I truly believe that service is gone. When we do get good service (and you still do at lots of places) we are pleasantly surprised.

Off the soap box. Have a nice day everyone. :)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 04:09:44 am »
I let business know when I get bad service, but I make a POINT of letting them know when I do get good service and I also ask in my letter to them that they please make the person aware that I have made their GREAT service known to the company ... hoping that it might encourage more good service.

Robyn it isn't your invoice, you didn't get the goods I would definitely complain and if you will really no longer need to shop there, then ask them to close the account!! That way they can no longer do this to you. Good luck  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 04:19:00 am »
That's terrible Cookie - $10,000 too much  :o  I do hope DH can get them to see where they are going wrong but she sounds as if she is the wrong person for the job.

Robyn, I agree with Kathryn - close your account if you no longer trade with them and definately don't pay that invoice.

I have a friend who either complains or compliments people on their attitude when dealing with the public.  She goes to the top.  Her recent experience was by asking a supermarket chic if her aisle was open because she didn't have the light on.  She turned the light on then made the sarcastic comment 'happy now'.  Middle aged woman who should know better than to speak to a customer this way.  The Manager gave her a $20 store voucher - not that my friend did it for that reason, it is just her to let everyone know when she is happy or unhappy with a service. By the same token at another store, the service was great and she also went to the Manager and gave a glowing report of a particular lass. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 04:29:43 am »
I agree that it is equally important to give good feedback as well as bad. I don't think it is very fair to give only bad.

The lass that does my eyebrows is really good so thew first time she did them I was so pleased that I wrote and told her so. ( she owns the salon) The next time I was in she was so thrilled.  I remember when Ansett still existed we wrote to thank them for some special effort they had put in for us, the girl concerned was amazed and very happy. She actually won lotto a few weeks after that.  Karma perhaps.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 05:33:56 am »
Karma   yes.. :D

[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 05:42:16 am »
I always make a point by putting it in writing. I ask for names and the names of the managers and copy in everyone for both the complaints and compliments.  I recently had some excellent service  at the ts shop in Myer. TS have a facility on their web site to accommodate comments. The staff I praised by name were rewarded with a piece of clothing from the range. I was thrilled when I found this out. They always give a reply and thank you  and of course the staff now know my name.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.