Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035458 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1260 on: July 22, 2012, 11:53:47 am »
Sorry to hear about your troubles jakodai, it must be so hard being a single Mum at times like this and of course all sick kids want their Mum (even if they are 40 they ring Mum and ask her to make them some chicken soup ;)).  Do whatever you have to do to get him seen to whenever there is a problem - lose it if you need to, I've done that before today if things have become too much for me when professional people have been inept in their duty of care. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 22, 2012, 05:17:19 pm »
Sory to hear of your tough few days jakodai...i agree lose it if you need too... Sometimes people think your making stuff up and just send you home which is frustrating....oh nd i think i would def be changing gp. Nothing against doctors but there are alot of idiot ones around who dont diagnose or totally misdiagnose but have faith there is the odd good one who actually are good t what they do..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 22, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »
The weather here has been gorgeous for a change( although it doesn't look good for the opening of the Olympics  :P) Walked the dog accompanied by a friend this morning..I did more weeding in the garden this afternoon.Then walked the dog again. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 23, 2012, 12:02:42 am »
jakodai, I hope your DS is feeling better soon and the surgery isn't as far away as they have predicated. I would definitely go to the childrens each time he is sick from now on, I know it's a longer wait but worth it in the end in my opinion. When my DD was little she was quite sick quite a few times and we always went to the hospital. the staff are so much better (in my opinion) and much more used to dealing with sick children and their worried parents. I found there was no need to get angry with them, I actually found the times I could be extremely rational and very accomodating to the wait (which is hard when you have a sick child and no sleep) that they were more than happy to go that bit further. I also found they showed a lot of concern for the parents well being and were happy to provide some extra help if you are really struggling on a particular day, my dd actually threw up all over a doctor who saw me struggling in the foyer one day and offered some assitance!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 23, 2012, 12:07:24 am »
The weather here has been gorgeous for a change( although it doesn't look good for the opening of the Olympics  :P) Walked the dog accompanied by a friend this morning..I did more weeding in the garden this afternoon.Then walked the dog again. ;D

You must have a very fit dog CC ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 23, 2012, 01:18:34 am »
Use the children's hospital . Work the system. Make friends with the  emergency staff and question everything  the doctors say and do. Be well informed . State your case with the minimum use of words.Stick to to relavent and current facts only.  Stay calm and don't appear to be emotional.  Believe me the doctors turn right off you if you go all mumsie. Just be calmly assertive.

I would say that a GP today would rarely  encounter Scarlet Fever which is a serious disease.  Your child care centre should be notified as well.  I would start doing as much research on this disease as possible so you are knowledgeable and can ask the appropriate questions and make the right decisions.

Tell your mother  from me to listen to her daughter. You were smart to take him to the children's  hospital and your GP needs a wack around the head  and a review of his Merck.

Gertonsoapbox

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 23, 2012, 01:40:17 am »
I have had scarlet fever about 4 years ago.

I thought it went out in the dark ages, but it didn't.

I just felt so unwell, lethargic, and my doctor knew something was wrong. Blood tests were done, and yes I had it.
 Sending hugs, yes work the system.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 23, 2012, 01:55:49 am »
Definately work the system.
What I don't understand is that something that can stop causing your DS to be so ill is classified a "Elective" surgery. Play at their game I say. Yell, scream, write letters to your local member. DO whatever it takes.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 23, 2012, 02:23:41 am »
Unfortunately anything that is non life threatening is classed as elective.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:53 am »
Jakodai, gosh how awful. I thought scarlet  fever had been erradicated. I do t k ow anything about it, but do hope he is feeling better.
The party went very well, the magician was good & it was a long party. Started at 11.30 & finished at 6 pm.

Already talking about next year.

:)

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 23, 2012, 02:27:45 am »
They need more surgical wards, operating theatres, nurses and doctors.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 23, 2012, 02:53:07 am »
I've had a lovely morning washing, washing and more washing after DH had plumbing problems last night.  Thank goodness it is a nice sunny day here.  Off soon to meet Trudy for lunch. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 23, 2012, 03:03:27 am »
Judy, you poor love, thatsa lot of work.

Enjoy your lunch

:)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 23, 2012, 04:04:56 am »
Tell your mother  from me to listen to her daughter. You were smart to take him to the children's  hospital and your GP needs a wack around the head  and a review of his Merck.
Gertonsoapbox

Absolutely!

Jakodai.....

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 23, 2012, 04:10:28 am »
Some GP's......

I went to a gp for 3 weeks, kept being given anti-biotics.

Went to another gp, sent me for MRI, saved my life, straight to emergency with 2 large blood clots in my brain.