Author Topic: ipad vs kindle?  (Read 31241 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: ipad vs kindle?
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2011, 01:16:36 am »
Yeah, I have 4 on my account but I swapped all my collection with my SIL who isn't on my account. They aren't archived just put directly into kindle so can't transfer from there( she had over 100 books and I had around 60). but when we tried again for our mothers. By removing from our account and then reregistering to the other it wouldn't work.
Denise

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2011, 01:25:16 am »
When you go to Manage Your Kindle  you should see your Kindle Library listed. 
At the right side of the page is a button titled "Actions" with a down arrow. 
When you click on this you should see:

If you click on the first you should get a secondary window that allows you to select whichever of your Kindles are registered.
You can also Loan this title which will bring up a window where you can enter the email address and the name of the person to whom you want to send it and also a message if needed.

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 01:27:24 am »
Thanks for that, I knew we could loan now but wasn't sure how. We felt happy sharing as we would have done the same with books, and now I have such a lot to get through.

I know Hally's problem with ipad - have to keep modifying my post when I see a silly error (like slot instead of lot)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:11:46 am by Bedlam »
Denise

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2011, 01:30:30 am »
you are a bloody legend andie  :D what you don't know isn't worth knowing  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 02:00:53 am »
you are a bloody legend andie  :D what you don't know isn't worth knowing  :-*

There is a great deal worth knowing that I don't know - but I have been a techie geek for a long time but don't know the more technical stuff.  Practical - yes.  Especially if it has to do with reading...
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 10:29:24 am »
i have a ton of ebooks, some are kindle editions but lots need converting first. if anyone is interested in sharing i'm happy to share :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2011, 10:35:03 am »
yay received my new kindle this morning (very fast delivery since i only ordered it at 3pm yesterday  ;D)...case and light however wont be delivered until next month..bit of delay on those..lots of stuff to do today but will have a play later on  ;D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2011, 09:52:53 pm »
Thats great Frozzie would have loved for mine to be delivered before the weekend, it's due on Tuesday so still very fast turnaround from the US to Australia.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2011, 10:01:35 pm »
That is fast delivery Frozzie, hope you are enjoying it, Wonder was it cheaper to buy yours in the US than hear in Australia? Haven't looked into the prices here as I already have one.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2011, 01:09:24 am »
Jeniwa, the kindle was $109 plus $21 delivery for the newest model which isn't on sale here until November (I think), the preorder cost at Dick Smith is $139 so only marginally cheaper. I also bought the leather cover with integrated light which was on sale for I think $49.95 which only increased the delivery by $3 so all up I think it probably worked out cheaper and I'll definitely get it before I go at the end of the week which wasn't guaranteed with purchasing in Australia unless I got the more expensive ($159) model.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2011, 08:01:01 am »
luckily they just released the new base model here in France last week i think so for me it was cheaper in the end but what i dont like is that i had to move my amazon account from .com to .fr and i cant buy books from amazon.com for kindle unless i move my account back and forth and i dont know how many times i can do that??? i may have to write to them to ask as french books intersest me alot less than english ones and the english books on .fr are alot less limited in general.

i didnt like how they increase the price just because you live out of the US..the cover i got here is purple leather but has no integrated light so i got an clip on light..;may find another cover later on but thats all they had here for the moment!

only had a quick play as by the time i got time i was so tired...starting reading a book on it and 5 mins later zzzzzz but im very much loving the possibilities and will be searching how to source lots of new books as it can take up to 1400 ebooks apparently

by the way what are some recent books read or new ones that you would recomment to read...i already have water for elephants and the help and there is another one the lady of thelake that ill probably get but others???

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2011, 10:28:26 am »
Frozzie, the latest I've read and loved were before I go to sleep and The Room. I found the Room particularly thought provoking and I didn't want it to end. Our book club also read We need to talk about Kevin which I loved but others didn't really like it.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2011, 10:48:06 am »
Thanks Wonder...living in France has a few disadvantages with books, films etc in english ....they are limited and selected over here and so it makes it hard sometimes to keep up to date iwth latest books and whats good and whats not so thanks  ;D

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:11 pm »
Frozzie, the latest I've read and loved were before I go to sleep and The Room. I found the Room particularly thought provoking and I didn't want it to end. Our book club also read We need to talk about Kevin which I loved but others didn't really like it.
Wonder, I read room also, I felt the same - a different book. Frozzie I think you would find it interesting
Denise

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2011, 01:13:24 pm »
One of the best books I've read in ages, we are due to discuss t book club later this month and cant wait to hear what others think.