Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6137905 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15690 on: September 04, 2014, 04:37:24 am »
Nikkit, I feel for you. DH had manflu last week and I've got it this week. Both kids are home sick with it too.
My thermie arrived home from hospital yesterday, and I haven't had the energy to even plug it in. >:(
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #15691 on: September 04, 2014, 05:24:13 am »
Nikkit, I feel for you. DH had manflu last week and I've got it this week. Both kids are home sick with it too.
My thermie arrived home from hospital yesterday, and I haven't had the energy to even plug it in. >:(

Thanks ES...hope you are on the mend now.

I think it may have been a false alert though, we had a raging easterly all night and both of us woke up feeling yuk and full of goobies. As the day has gone on, the easterly has died down some, and we are both feeling better. Hubby reckons it is cos we had all veges for tea last night and no meat - hence the cold  ??? :-)) I don't quite get his way of thinking sometimes!

This is from the same man who can't take one piece of slice for morning tea and one for lunch. He has to take 4 pieces. That way when he eats 2 for smoko the other 2 pieces aren't lonely in the container. They have someone to talk to.  :o

Must be man logic in there somewhere....but after 20 something years, I am still yet to understand it!  ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #15692 on: September 04, 2014, 05:26:23 am »
LOL love the man logic Nikkit - gives us a laugh even if it doesn't entirely make sense!!! :D
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15693 on: September 04, 2014, 08:57:37 am »
ROFL at the man logic Nikkit. Get well soon ES and family. Nikkit my nose doesn't like easterlies either.
Mab it took us a while to get used to the gas, it just doesn't seem as cosy as the wood.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15694 on: September 04, 2014, 09:00:14 am »
Get well soon Nikkit and ES :-* :-*

Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #15695 on: September 05, 2014, 01:03:21 am »
I thimp id is a dold. :P
I feel a bit yukky.
Ad leasd I wond get man flu cos I'm a girl!

Man logic is funny ... some days.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #15696 on: September 05, 2014, 01:09:47 am »
Get well soon. :-*
I had the flu injection and thankfully it seems to have worked (touch wood) as 2 of my girls & DH are all suffering from it, and don't seem to be shaking it off either.  :P
:D

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15697 on: September 05, 2014, 01:23:05 am »
Get well soon Nikkit and ES.  My cold hung around for about 3 weeks when I had mine.  Thought it would never go.

I'm patiently waiting for the postie to deliver my fresh coffee beans.  I ran out last weekend so I am really hanging out for one.  I've made CP's cranberry & white choc bisc to celebrate, which are cooling at the moment.  Am so looking forward to having one with a coffee.  ;D

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #15698 on: September 05, 2014, 01:38:38 am »
Nikkit & ES hope you are soon feeling better.  Love the man logic Nikkit  :D :D

DS often says he must have two biscuits etc otherwise it would be lonely if he only ate 1 :D  Gotta love em  ;D

I don't like easterly weather either, always get sinus  ???

Julie, hope you have your coffee beans by now, I know I look forward to my morning cup  ;D

Mab I think it may take a little while to get used to the gas heater.  I still prefer a wood heater but we had to give the wood cutting away as well.  We have a heat pump and it is not too bad.  When I want a wood fire we light the pizza oven  :D ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15699 on: September 05, 2014, 02:20:30 am »
we have our wood delivered cut up for us..
Still cool in the mornings here, hot by lunchtime though.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15700 on: September 05, 2014, 02:27:53 am »
Emme my beans arrived and I have had a coffee already with one two of CP's lovely biscuits. Very happy now.  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15701 on: September 05, 2014, 04:43:01 am »
Looking at the botanical gardens in Christchurch.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #15702 on: September 05, 2014, 04:43:30 am »
JulieO I have asked for a subscritption to a coffee roasters specialty estates for father's day. This way every month I will get 500g of freshly roasted coffee delivered. They are all single origin from different estates around the world.  A half kilo of coffee usually lasts me a month.

Yesterday I got on a horse for the first time in at least 5 years.  Just a little walk and trot to start getting used to riding again in preperation for the blackwood marathon. I plan on riding at least one day a week until the race to get my 'horse legs' back and remember how to ride before attempting to ride cross country with lots of other people.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #15703 on: September 05, 2014, 05:15:50 am »
Beautiful Gert, brings back memories, I was there in April. :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #15704 on: September 05, 2014, 05:43:26 am »
looks lovely Gert...would love to pick some for my table  :D

Another busy week with orders...and I have some fab news!!!  A gorgeous home & living style store will be stocking 5 styles of my candles from October through to December at this stage, in readiness  for Christmas shopping  :D :D  :D. Im so elated! 
I'm working on some new things too, and I can't wait to see how it turns out  ;)

Have juniors football presentations tonight, and Hubbies tomorrow night (He's coaching U/18's).
Hubby working on Father's Day, but we'll go out for Italian for dinner...always look forward to dining out  :)
.........EAT CAKE!