Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6087738 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #930 on: July 12, 2012, 03:00:14 am »
Maddy high heels what are they.... Gosh i'm so casual.

Thermolicious i hope DH is ok.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #931 on: July 12, 2012, 03:34:13 am »
Thermolicious the waiting is the worst part. Hope all goes smoothly for you and your DH :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #932 on: July 12, 2012, 03:35:15 am »
Working today cutting and joining frames. Having a quick cuppa before I get back to it :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 12, 2012, 03:42:06 am »
Maddy, you will soon learn comfort is more important than fashion - hope you feel your legs again soon  :-*

True words Judy.... but have an inkling that this will be me at 80

:D

Wishing your hubby a speedy recovery thermolicious.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 12, 2012, 03:48:52 am »

Hi my first time on this thread! Love to read what things people get up to, so thought I'd share.
 Have a week off work, made lemon butter to give as gifts to the ladies who came to my TM demo.  Also made some cute cards all variations on the hand made kimono.  Just been for run on the beach with my greyhound (hence my forum name) and just wish I didn't have to go back to work next week.  have a great day.

Offline Thermolicious

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 12, 2012, 03:52:26 am »
Ta lovely ones - still no word from the hospital  :-\

Greyhoundmum - beautiful card (very clever!) and the lemon butter looks fab.  The little touches, like the label, just means so much.  Enjoy the rest of your hols :)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 12, 2012, 03:53:38 am »
They (the cards) are so cute greyhoundmum!  :)
Good idea with giving lemon butter to your demo guests - might get a few sales too!  ;)

Thinking of you and your DH thermolicious...hope you hear something soon.  :-*
:D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 12, 2012, 04:19:27 am »
I despair . There are so mny clever people on this forum.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 12, 2012, 04:29:19 am »
nice cards
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

stacelee

« Reply #939 on: July 12, 2012, 05:20:15 am »
I've had a good and bad day :(....started at 5am as usual, made the spanish cakes (yum) and custard biscuits......finally got the overtired teenager in the car at 7 instead of our normal 6.30.....dropped him off, went to work to drop their nosh off.  Went to Campbells Cash and Carry and stocked up on cooking salt, brown sugar etc etc and got a couple of good bargains....unfortunately while I was in there someone lifted my car keys out of my handbag.  Luckily I work not far from Campbells so my husband came and rescued me......amazingly!!!!! not long after my husband (who is not a tiny man) arrived, my keys were handed in.  I know that they were in my handbag because I checked that my car was locked as I walked in the building and then dropped the keys back inside my bag.  What really annoyed me was I didn't realise what had happened because I was so busy loading my groceries into the boot, I thought I had unlocked the car myself.  My husband thinks that my car was being watched and that it may have been driven off while I was returning the trolley to the trolley bag.  It was a very bizarre experience, but from now on I know to zip my keys inside my bag.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 12, 2012, 05:38:22 am »
so did they take your car..hope all is ok.

[/url

mcmich

« Reply #941 on: July 12, 2012, 05:53:08 am »
They must have been quick to take your car in the time it took to put the trolley back.
Hope you get it back OK.

stacelee

« Reply #942 on: July 12, 2012, 05:58:24 am »
Nope, my car is safe.....I'd say I was lucky because I didn't actually leave my car until my husband arrived.  I'd pulled everything in and out of my car three times looking for the keys.  I rang my husband as soon as I realised something was wrong because he carries a spare key to my car on his key ring and was only 3 minutes away.  I actually didn't even think about the fact that my keys had to have been lifted until he had gotten there.  He was the one who realised that they had to have been lifted....I'm neurotic about locking things up and have been known to walk back three times to check houses and cars so he knew there was no way that I could have left it unlocked.  Once he said that I remembered having to move my iPad to put my keys in my bag and that I had pushed the button a couple of times on my keys to make sure the lights flashed to say it was locked.  I am now going to be far more conscious of keeping an eye on my handbag.  I turned my back on it a couple of times to pick up the big bags of flour and sugar....won't do that again.  I don't keep anything valuable in my car but it would have been a major nuisance to be without it. Its only a ford fiesta but its my baby.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 12, 2012, 06:12:16 am »
I am conscious also of locking my car to return the trolly as I sometimes leave my handbag in the boot with.the  groceries.

That is scary. I often see people leave open handbags in the trollys  ans sometimes ask them if they know their purse is vulnerable.
Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 12, 2012, 06:25:55 am »
another reason I have security cameras at work, and on my car all day.

[/url