Author Topic: Review Five Seed Bread Page 226 UK TM5 cookbook  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Review Five Seed Bread Page 226 UK TM5 cookbook
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:36:15 am »
Five Seed Bread  Page 226

Straight away, I have to admit that mine is a 4 seed bread due to my not having the poppy seeds. My loaf tin is 23 x 12 x8 and so a bit smaller than that suggested so I have made a couple of mini loaves to see how they turn out.
The recipe is quite correct to say the dough is very sticky but the good thing is that you drop it straight into the bread tins and wait 1 hour for it to rise then it is straight into the oven. (no oiled bowl to wash) The bad thing is that you end up with a messy TM bowl to wash instead. After 45 mins rising I started to worry about it staying in the tin and after 54 mins, I bottled out and quickly put it in the oven.
The result was somewhat disappointing as I found the inside to be a bit stodgy and for my taste I think I would rather have my bread without the oats.  It is not inedible but I think that I will be having a difficult job slicing it even though I have an electric slicer. The mini loaves are cute and slice a bit better. All I need now is a mini toaster to match them. I think this recipe needs a bit of tweaking but I am not sure how to do that in this case. Perhaps you may have some suggestions?
Linked CC
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:54:18 am by Cornish Cream »
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Review Five Seed Bread Page 226 UK TM5 cookbook
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:42:23 pm »
Dot,  thanks for your review.  I always enjoy reading what you have to say. If you had used a larger tin and let rise the full time , it may not have been a stodgy.  If you want a good grain bread there are several on the Forum.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Review Five Seed Bread Page 226 UK TM5 cookbook
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 05:27:22 am »
Helene at superkitchenmachine has a great version of the 5 seed bread. Here is the link.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/