Author Topic: Recipe Review: Vegetable soup page 92 The Basic Cookbook UK Version  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Vegetable Soup Page 92
This soup became tasty but only because I added 2 generous heaped teaspoons of my vegetable stock paste (page 62) I tasted it before adding any further seasoning which was not needed after my stock paste did the trick. The recipe does not include a stock in the ingredients which it very much needed. I sautéed the onion and garlic with the butter to start with which also adds to the taste. I decided not to blend the soup as I thought that chunky bits would be better rather than a thick pulp. The potato element had thickened the sauce part anyway. All in all I was happy with the finished soup. It made a very good lunch as the main course. I can see this being made often.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:42:46 pm by Cornish Cream »
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review: Vegetable soup page 92 The Basic Cookbook UK Version
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 01:38:42 pm »
This is a great soup and so simple to make.I've made it a few times now with vegetables I can scrounge out of the fridge to make up the 400g needed.
Like DD said it definitely needs a dollop of vegetable stock paste to enhance the flavour.I did blend mine. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.