Author Topic: potato bake  (Read 7546 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
potato bake
« on: September 20, 2009, 09:56:05 am »
Gradually going through the pantry and getting rid of things I don't want to cook with anymore.  Came across a tin of "Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup" which I would use for potato bake.

Has anyone got a more wholesome, natural recipe?  Potato bakes are always a hit at BBQ's and it's almost summer.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: potato bake
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 10:35:52 am »
Someone will come up for a version of potato bake I am sure but with the soup, you could chop up left-over roast chicken and vegies, mix with the soup and top with mashed potato for a quick, tasty chicken pie.  Got to get rid of that can of soup somehow ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 03:18:05 am »
Thanks Judy.  I guess the main point is not buying more cans once they're gone.  So that's a good idea.

Looking at other recipes, they usually partly cook the potatoes in the microwave to speed up the process.  So I guess I could slice the potatoes and steam in the varoma, and then finish in the oven with cream, bacon, cheese, chives etc.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 04:28:42 am »
CB79 you could use some chicken pieces and brown them, then throw in all the vegies you can find, add the tinned soup and cook until it's all cooked. Very nice. DH makes this when we are camping and it's not bad.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 04:49:08 am »
101 ways with a can of Creamed Chicken Soup.....

Only joking.  Do you make your own chicken stock?  Why not put the peel from the potatoes in the TM bowl with chicken stock - say 700ml - then put the slices of potato in the Varoma - sort of stacked on their sides ( like soldiers sort of slouched at attention rather than being flat out - with a little space between) - (////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\) not ≡≡≡≡≡≡ - if you are more visual.

Then, cook the lot on Varoma for about 25 minutes at speed 3 or 4, then blitz the soupy mixture and transfer the potato slices and bacon, cheese chives into the dish and pour over the soupy mix?  Simple hey?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 06:14:26 am »
Thermomixer, I'll give this a go and let you know.  I'll even give you the credit if it works out.  Thanks!