Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 370916 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 01:11:00 am »
I will be very interested in seeing the new functionality. With most products when a new model is about to come out they sell the older model cheaper but I'm assuming that won't be the case with the TMX. I would be furious if I bought one now and then found out about the new model in September.

I wonder when an official announcement will be made.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 01:41:20 am »
I would say Sept 8 would be the big reveal in Paris.

I think the consultants will be stoked as no doubt they will be selling lots of the new ones straight away as people upgrade.

Just thinking if you bought one the day before and were awaiting delivery would you not be royally pi$$ed off. You think HO would let you out of that contract? :'( :'( :'(

IN any cast the current lot of consultants must be training up to demo the new model and if smart would slow down their sales  or not. It is every man for himself out there in the selling world.

And maybe the whole thing is just a rumour but I am hearing thing from various sources that it is a good bet.

Now I wonder  if Vorwerk will be planning selling in the US. I am of two minds about that. Huge population and maybe not enough capacity to meet demand and there may not be as many people interested in the US as we might think. Not a huge number of foodies like we are and not a lot of money these days either. People who eat their meals off paper plates or styrofoam boxes may have zero interest in cooking. It makes an interesting debate though.

Any thoughts?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 02:10:01 am »
If I was a consultant my conscience wouldnt let me sell without explaining about a new model.

USA, eating out is cheap, plus also maybe the jug isnt big enough for Americans, huge portions out there :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 02:14:14 am »
Nearly spit out my double whammy gigantic Big Mac.

Gert ;D ;D ;D ;D

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 11:41:57 am »
I'm wishing for a mute button. It's soooo loud when the speed goes up to 8 and beyond. Every time I grate cheese I have one hand over an ear and the other hand ready to fly up to protect my other ear 😁😁

my mil keeps a pair of (bright pink) earmuffs on a hook above her tm because of the noise!   ;D
:D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 01:12:36 pm »
Oh gosh I would seriously have to consider buying a new one if the noise was muffled somehow...cheaper to buy a new tmx than building the butler's pantry (designed specifically for tmx) I have planned!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 03:33:32 pm »
I'm wishing for a mute button. It's soooo loud when the speed goes up to 8 and beyond. Every time I grate cheese I have one hand over an ear and the other hand ready to fly up to protect my other ear 😁😁

my mil keeps a pair of (bright pink) earmuffs on a hook above her tm because of the noise!   ;D

Hahaha. That is such a clever idea 😃😄

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »

my mil keeps a pair of (bright pink) earmuffs on a hook above her tm because of the noise!   ;D
I always use my noise cancelling ear phones for just about everything beyond no. 7 - sadly, mine are just boring black, nothing as fun as bright pink!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 12:01:11 am »
I heard from someone that a bigger Thermoserver 2.6 litre is being released some time soon, so one may think it would be because of a new model with a bigger bowl, however I thought a bigger Thermo server would be useful for the Tm31 because sometimes the 2 litre one is not quite big enough.

The 2.6L thermoserver is out now. I have one. Came with my new TM the other day.

Maybe the next model has a bigger bowl to go with the bigger thermoserver.

There are all sorts of rumours going around... from people in Thermomix and out of Thermomix.

How many days now Gert?  ;)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 12:18:51 am »
if its just a bigger bowl and thats it not really worth it for me.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 12:54:12 am »
It won't be just a bigger bowl. It will be a lot more than that. 79 days to go if it is true.

Gert
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:06:14 am by Gertbysea »

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 01:09:32 am »
The chef I was talking to earlier in the year was telling me quite a bit but sorry I can't remember most of it. I do remember he mentioned it will be more stable so it can be used in more commercial applications, higher temperature, wider base for better caramelisation and better more precise temperature control.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 03:53:39 am »
I just rang thmx HO, and the customer service manager Pam, says, she is not aware of any new model, or talk of one.
It is all up to Vorwerk in Germany.

unless they are all kept in the dark.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 04:04:50 am »
Robyn I did mention earlier they have probably all had to sign non disclosure agreements. That would be the normal response. Grace would not want this talked about believe me. There is no doubt that they are stocking up as we speak........that is if the rumours are true.!!

Wonder a higher temp would be a great improvement. Interesting about the wider base. So glad I bought my thermo slide from
a Alyce Alexander . These are no longer on her web site as far as I can see so wonder if there may be a new wider base one coming out. LOL

Gert

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 04:47:49 am »
Gert I agree on the non-disclosure agreements, they are standard business practice with things like this. I imagine the official communication and actual training for consultants won't start until much closer to the release date.  Even with non-disclosure agreements in place there are leakages, so the fewer people who have information the better from a business sense.