Author Topic: Milling / Grinding with Thermomix vs Vitamix?  (Read 11490 times)

Offline Swanscook

• View Profile
Re: Milling / Grinding with Thermomix vs Vitamix?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 08:07:27 am »
Hi,
 I had a Vitamix (for 15 years), a coffee grinder for small amounts of flax seeds and a Thermomix.
The thermomix wins hands down! It is easier to use (especially as you can do any amount - either small or large), it is so much easier to clean so you don't hesitate to use it, it is less scary to use ( sometimes I thought the Vitamix sounded strained although nothing ever happened), and you don't need to change containers. Also stainless steel is much easier to clean.
I have now sold my Vitamix and never use the coffee grinder. The thermomix is truly a multi-purpose machine.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 12:48:22 pm »
I can't see why anyone would compare a Thermomix with a Vitamix in order to make a decision on which to purchase. That's like trying to choose between a vacuum cleaner and a broom!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 02:28:19 am »
I still want to know they choose.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 07:43:23 am »
Thank you all for the replies, I've read carefully what you said, and I've finally made my decision based on that, and further research.
What did you decide on lautaro?