Author Topic: Hi from Cold Canberra!  (Read 8271 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Hi from Cold Canberra!
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:35:21 am »
Hi everyone!
From cold Canberra! I love cooking all sorts of food with my husband and two year old daughter for our extended family and friends. My cooking heroine is most definately Nigella Lawson, but I have an eclectic repertoire of cookbooks!
I thought as my first post I'd say a very big thank you to so many Forum Thermomix members who have already helped me so much in my quest for a thermal cooker! I have spent many hours (maybe even days) reading hundreds of posts here on the forum helping me decide on purchasing a TMX, TMC, Bellini or the HMP.
I think I am 99% sure I will buy  TMX at my demo next week, I love the worldwide support network of users and that the TMX has stood the test of time, I also like the idea of Varoma cooking (can't wait to cook Nigella's Meatballs with pasta). My 1% of doubt comes from a recent post from another newbie a day or so ago who said they have a HMP (I'm sorry, I'm still learning about the forum and can't link the post on my ipad) and some members said they have HMP envy!
I guess I'll make my decision next week when I taste the proof in the custard!
Thank you so much for your help so far! Either way, I'll be visiting regularly and hope to repay with some converted Nigella recipes to share!
Happy days
Jamberie
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:20:38 pm by Jamberie »
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Cold Canbera!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 12:04:30 pm »
Hi Jamberie, welcome to the forum.  It's great to hear you have been following the discussions on here regarding which machine you should choose.  As you have read, we are all very happy with our TMX's and you are right, a great support system here on the forum and if there is a problem with your machine it will be fixed and has a great record of lasting and lasting.  Being the first, it has really been put to the test in Europe long before it found it's way to Australia.  I am sounding like a consultant but believe me I am not - I just love my machine and this forum. The 2 go hand in hand.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:17:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum jamberie, good luck with your decision. I think what ever decision you make you won't be disappointed :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 12:17:54 pm »
Welcome Jamberie.

Some of us do want the HMP but meanwhile we are very happy with our TMX .it can do no wrong and you will be thrilled when you buy it and I am certain you will once your see it at  the demo.

Not cold here. I have the fan on in my bedroom.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 12:28:45 pm »
Welcome. I was one of those who said they had HMP envy. I love my TMX and would not swap it for the world. I' d love a HMP too, but at the moment it is a dream.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline MEP

• View Profile
Re: Hi from Cold Canberra!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 03:45:53 pm »
Hi and welcome. I have only had my TMX for about 4/5 months and don't use it nearly as much as others on here or as much as I should and would like to. Having said that, I cooked a lamb rogan josh in it the other night and whilst the blades were on reverse the whole cooking time, it still totally shredded the meat. It tasted great, but it did not look appetising at all. Hence, if I had my time again, I would probably consider the HMP because you can turn off the blades. Apart from that, I don't know much else about the HMP.

Enjoy your culinary journey with whichever machine you decide :)
From Perth WA

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 04:57:26 pm »
Welcome to the forum Jamberie.Have fun cooking with whatever machine you decide to buy but the TM is awesome ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 08:08:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum Jamberie and good luck with your decision. i would love to have the HMP 2
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 06:18:15 am »
Hi and welcome.

Let me say, I have a thermomix and love it.
It will be 3 years old in October.

I do have HMP envy, as I want one of those too.
I see it as a tool, like a couple of good knives, or a couple of good saucepans.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 12:43:19 am »
Hello and welcome.  :)
I love my TM and would be totally lost without it. Good luck with your decision and look forward to reading you have made the purchase!  :)
:D

bimbylove

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 02:26:02 am »
Hi Jamberie,

Hope your demo went well. I am also in Canberra and have started saving up for a Thermomix but have not been to a demo. I may be ready (financially) to go to a demo by November.... I heard the consultant won't pressure you to buy, but I know myself too well ( I am a compulsive shopper!).

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 06:42:12 am »
Wow! Thank you all very much for your support!
My demo is only a few hours away [and I'm super excited] but I think (thanks to all your advice), I will get the Thermomix and put the HMP on my wish list for when I win lotto (which could be a long time away from now as I only ever buy a ticket once in a blue moon!)
I'll let you know how it goes!
Jamberie :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 07:39:30 am »
Hello & welcome to the forum!

I hope your demo goes well and good luck with your decision on what to buy. If you buy a Thermomix you won't regret it in the least.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 10:30:05 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 11:39:39 am »
Hi Jamberie, welcome to the forum.
Good luck with the decision on your purchase and keep warm. It is cold in the south island as well :)