Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012925 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2012, 02:45:28 am »
love the impression dede - I gather your DH has a beer belly coming over half mast pants and enjoys being near a fridge with a carton or two and some takeaway? Don't think you could quite capture it in a photo as they have  ;D ;D ;D

This piece of paper fell out of an old cookbook last night. I wrote the date on it, my DD24 was 9 at the time and was whinging about one of her so called friends so I told her to write down what it was she didn't like about her:

Dumb, adult, spoilt, big nose, loves money, loves boys, thinks she's pretty, big nose, bossy, body movements, thinks she's the best, sits around watching TV, thinks she's smart, loves boys and hate all her friends, eats BAD food for her teeth, never plays by the rules, kicks people out, when we play four squares says your out Jess's in.

...remembering brought a smile...

(I wonder if this girl has changed as she's grown older?)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2012, 02:51:45 am »
Lol CP, I love looking back on the kids things. My DD spends alot of time with DH at the farm and sees all sorts of things, she quiet often comes home with stories she has wrote at school about what she did on the weekend with her dad and a lovely drawing to go with it. The teachers have commented quiet a few times about her stories with a bit of a giggle as she does not leave out any details :D even how lambs are born, or dead sheep etc.

As for DH he has a bit of a pot but not quiet that bad lol. :D but he does like his beer and KFC :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2012, 06:18:16 am »
This piece of paper fell out of an old cookbook last night. I wrote the date on it, my DD24 was 9 at the time and was whinging about one of her so called friends so I told her to write down what it was she didn't like about her:

Dumb, adult, spoilt, big nose, loves money, loves boys, thinks she's pretty, big nose, bossy, body movements, thinks she's the best, sits around watching TV, thinks she's smart, loves boys and hate all her friends, eats BAD food for her teeth, never plays by the rules, kicks people out, when we play four squares says your out Jess's in.

...remembering brought a smile...

(I wonder if this girl has changed as she's grown older?)

The poor girl obviously had issues :-)) What on earth was that piece of paper doing in a cookbook though CP?

I just had a great workout. I felt so strong and fit and healthy. My new personal trainer is amazing. Very happy this morning :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:06 am »
I've stuck quite a few little keepsakes like that the kids have given me over the years. Its always a nice surprise to open up a book and find a blast from the past  :D

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:49 am »
Today what made me smile was my little girl laughing at me as I did my video workout and also bopping along to the music near the end. So cute!!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2012, 06:49:37 am »
Today I called out through my kitchen window for my little man (ds4) to come inside for lunch - about 10 times.  Finally I watched him hop off the gate (which he had been having a great time swinging on) and start to amble his way inside. When he finally neared the door he suddenly veered of course and headed over to the garden.  Crankily I stormed to the door and was ready to let him (and the neighbours) know I wasn't happy.  When I saw him though I changed my mind.  He was picking flowers from a shrub.  Something he never does - he's very much a rough and tumble boy! When he has scruffed a big bunch (roots and all) he came rushing over to give them to me (with a big smooch). It's the little things . . .  :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2012, 06:54:32 am »
how georgeous Chelsea. press them between a nice thick cookbook along with story and the date, and you'll get a thrill to be reminded of that moment in the future as its so easy to forget

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2012, 06:57:56 am »
 . . a good idea of CP's Chelsea.  Later he will come to understand just how much that meant to you . . . . :D  Just beautiful moments. . .

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2012, 07:14:06 am »
A big bunch of flowers I found outside my front door this morning made me smile!  :) And the sun streaming down did too.  :D
:D

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2012, 07:25:13 am »
Today what made me smile was my little girl laughing at me as I did my video workout and also bopping along to the music near the end. So cute!!

Maybe she could do it with you next time Tasty! :-)) Sounds like you're doing some good positive role-modelling for her :D

Chelsea, that is just adorable :) I think you should do what CP suggested and press the flowers, and you could even put them in a frame and print the little story and date on some nice paper to put in the frame too. You'll cherish it forever :D

A big bunch of flowers I found outside my front door this morning made me smile!  :) And the sun streaming down did too.  :D

How lovely Astarra! ;D The sun is always a good reason to smile. It reminds me that no matter how dark the days seem, the light will always shine through and the world will keep on turning ;)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2012, 07:44:28 am »
Fantastic Astarra, unexpected flowers are lovely.
A great reason to smile.. :)

Give your girls a cuddle too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:55 am »
Thanx Robyn!!  :) I love excuses to hug my girls!!  :)

Today while I was hanging the washing I saw steam rising and freaked out then had to have a little chuckle at myself - it was just the hot sun shining on the damp black top which was causing the steam!! Was funny to see - I even managed to get a picture of it: (look near the centre of the pic) :D

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:04 am »
LOL that looks really funny Astarra! Its pretty awesome that you got a photo ;)

I'm soooo happy after my workout today. I always am though :D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2012, 09:21:21 pm »
Happy to be back to normal today.
happy with my good bread, see Taiwan bread in bread thread, lots of pics.
 happy DH is back home safe
Happy DD done another job application in her beautiful handwriting. That's 3 applications now in a week for proper on the job training. Fingers crossed.

Happy we go on holiday on saturday, stopping for a cuppa with my mum on long drive.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2012, 12:26:00 am »
They all sound like good reasons to be happy DJ!!!  :)
Fingers crossed for your DD too. :)