Author Topic: Alboronía con huevos poché (Alboronía with poached eggs)  (Read 3726 times)

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Alboronía con huevos poché (Alboronía with poached eggs)
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:04:53 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Alboronía con huevos poché (Alboronía with poached eggs) – not tested

Serves:  6

Ingredients:
400g onions, peeled and quartered
35g red pepper, deseeded
30g extra virgin olive oil
200g pumpkin, cut into pieces the size of a hazelnut
Salt
75g tomatoes, cut into pieces the size of a hazelnut
6 eggs
Paprika
The tails of 18 large prawns or crayfish
Corn flour (cornstarch)
Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
18 cocktail sticks

Preparation:
In the  *:, put the onion and the pepper and chop 5 seconds / Speed 4.
Add the oil and sauté 7 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1½.
Add the pumpkin and salt 3 minutes / Temp. Varoma /  :-: / Speed  ^^.
Finally, add the tomato and cook for 1 minute more at the same temperature and speed.
Remove and reserve.
Line the MC with cling film making sure that it protrudes, pour in a little oil, break an egg into it, season, and tie the cling film, making a sort of bag.
Place the egg in the Varoma bowl and do the same with the remaining eggs.
Put 500g water into the  *:, close the lid and program 12 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.  [See Note below]
When it starts steaming, remove the MC and put the Varoma bowl containing the eggs on the top.
Meanwhile, push a cocktail stick through each of the 18 prawn or crayfish tails [lengthways], season, roll in the corn flour and fry them in very hot oil for 5 minutes
Divide the albonoría [the stewed vegetables] in 6 portions, putting a poached egg on top of each, sprinkling each with paprika, and serve with the fried tails.

Note:  I think 12 minutes is too long.  Whilst I haven't made the Alboronía yet, I have tried using this method for poaching eggs.  It works beautifully, but the yolk was too hard for my liking.  I used a large egg, straight from the fridge, so if you are using smaller eggs the time will need to be reduced considerably.  I tried it again this morning with same sized egg and reduced the cooking to 9 minutes 30 seconds and this time the yolk was slightly runny.  As I like my yolks to be very runny (but with a firm white) next time I will reduce by 1 further minute to 8 minutes 30 seconds.

Origin:  This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 – Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:32:20 pm by JuliaBalbilla »
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Yogamum

• View Profile
Re: Alboronía con huevos poché (Alboronía with poached eggs)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 08:39:13 am »
Oh sounds yum...needs some warm crusty bread and a chilled glass of white  :)

Thank you for typing this up for me!

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Re: Alboronía con huevos poché (Alboronía with poached eggs)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:37:40 pm »
Yogamum, I don't know if you have tried this yet, but I have added a note about the poaching time of the eggs.  I only did one egg when I did it so 12 minutes might be right if you are poaching 6.  Am not sure, but thought I would warn you :)

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire