Author Topic: Lasagna al forno...my way of cooking pg107  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
Lasagna al forno...my way of cooking pg107
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:07:33 pm »
There were a few first for me in this recipe:
- fresh lasagna sheets
- bolognese sauce cooked in tm.... Was very surprised how well it turned out

I made everything according to the recipe except the béchamel sauce.  I made this instead using maddy's tweaks
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6120.0

It made a huge, heavy tray of lasagna!  Kids and OH said it was the best lasagna ever ;D. So happy!!
I also made a veg style using fresh ricotta, spinach and mushrooms

I am giving this recipe a 5/5.

It is a time consuming recipe if you are making your own lasagna sheets.  BUT well worth it.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Lasagna al forno...my way of cooking pg107
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:09:32 am »
Thanks Rara.  Great thing is you can freeze lasagna, so it's good if it makes a very large one.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Lasagna al forno...my way of cooking pg107
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:11:38 am »
Just made this Bolognaise Sauce and heating water to boil the pasta. I think the sauce tastes very boring - no herbs, no garlic, no tomato paste. I added tomato paste, herbs and vegie stock to give it some oomph!

I was so looking forward to using my kitchen aid pasta attachment and the knob on the screw cracked so I couldn't attach it! Had to roll the pasta by hand.
Some turned out a bit thick.

There was lots of liquid for some reason. I wouldn't make this particular bolognaise sauce again, but it was worthwhile making the whole thing from scratch.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:41:38 am by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand