Author Topic: Recipe Review - Quince Paste - Quick Fix in the Thermomix p56  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
I had never bought quinces before and thought they had a thick peel like grapefruit. Instead, they have a thin skin like an apple however it is harder to peel. It is a simple recipe that uses only 4 ingredients however it does take 3 hours to cook and 2 hours in the fridge to cool and set.

I decided to put mine in oiled muffin tins (like I had seen Maddy do with a spiced pear and apple paste recipe) but it is hard to mould this nicely. It's rather thick and wants to do its own thing. Regardless, it makes about 4 'muffins' and tastes really yummy.

You are supposed to serve it with cheese. Which cheese would you think this goes well with?

Here is a photo:

Linked JD

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:03:23 pm by judydawn »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Recipe Review - Quince Paste - Quick Fix in the Thermomix p56
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 10:42:36 pm »
Tasty,  I like it with a Cheddar as it is fairly strong in flavour.   However I usually put it on a Cheese board with a selection of cheeses.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:13:49 pm »
We love it with a soft cheese like camembert or brie but also great with a nice vintage tasty. Like Chookie we tend to include on a cheese platter with a couple of cheeses and dried fruit.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 02:54:34 am »
I love it with all cheese. I have even used it in Jam Drop biscuits and recently saw a recipe for mini quiches using a tiny bit. I haven't made them yet though.
It looks lovely. I must agree, quinces are horrid to peel. I love them baked in the oven with Marsala and star anise as well as jam.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/