Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6039006 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25845 on: January 17, 2022, 04:38:20 am »
We had our booster shots on Saturday.  DS couldn't get an appointment for his until 17th Feb.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25846 on: January 17, 2022, 07:08:45 am »
I went to the podiatrist this afternoon and called at the Italian deli on the way home. They have heaps of lovely fresh fruit and veggies. Also good stocks of other things they sell like legumes and flour. It's a little more expensive but at least you are able to buy it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25847 on: January 17, 2022, 08:19:51 pm »
Sounds good Cookie. Not so good in Victoria. I’m having home deliveries again. However it’s amazing what I can find in the garden. Picked beans , rhubarb, peaches and new potatoes. Chooks have finally started laying enough to use in baking.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25848 on: January 18, 2022, 04:23:03 am »
I had to go back to the optician today as my reading glasses are not right. I keep getting headaches when I read or sit at the computer.  My distance ones are fine.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25849 on: January 18, 2022, 04:52:23 am »
They obviously got them wrong Margaret, I hope they get the replacement glasses correct for you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25850 on: January 18, 2022, 08:21:06 am »
Not good Mab. I had to visit the GP today to check my sinuses. He thought I maybe needed a scan but we have decided to see how things go.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25851 on: January 19, 2022, 03:42:45 am »
Early blood test. Good operator for a change. Eyes checked this afternoon.
Lots of baking. Still picking peaches.
Mab, hope they get it right with your glasses.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25852 on: January 19, 2022, 07:26:05 am »
My brother and his wife came over this morning. They only stayed for about an hour. I think she tires easily with the Parkinson's. It's a 45 minute drive each way. He was pleased with the rolls and biscuits.
This afternoon I braved the heat and did my grocery shopping. Not that there is much in the stores. I managed to find everything I needed.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25853 on: January 20, 2022, 07:54:25 am »
We had a man come from the shire today to clean the outside of the  windows, clean the ceiling fans and replace the battery in the smoke alarm.  This was arranged by our doctor.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25854 on: January 20, 2022, 07:05:31 pm »
It is always good to get those horrible chores taken care of Mab and good that your doctor was able to arrange it for you.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25855 on: January 20, 2022, 07:58:19 pm »
Mab, that is terrific.
Friends dropped in a bucket of blood plums and zucchini. Swapped with Peach and custard tarts, sausage rolls, bread and peaches
Looks like I’ll make plum jam, plum sauce and plum vinegar.
Pot up parsley seedlings.
Picked a small container of mulberries. Will make 1 pot of jam.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25856 on: January 20, 2022, 08:59:35 pm »
Home foe a few days , totally like a zombie yesterday . DD and DS have done a lot of driving . DD and I returned from the beach ( no holiday that’s another story ) then the next morning DS and I went to city to do doctors appointments for the day we managed the new detour out of Melbourne by using Apple maps ... I can do this but it’s a lot of turns and cross your fingers you are going the right way . Meanwhile harvester brocken down ! DH and DD ( DD did the driving ) to Warracknabeal and Horsham to get parts they left a bit 6pm returned at 12.30 am .lots of kangaroos DH took over when the double semis four in a row got bad . Yesterday the service man came to help fix it ... disaster more broken parts . Lets just say yesterday was not a great day but in the end it was repaired and yes boys out to 1 am . I’m still trying to get my head around the fact that now we My be looking at DS doing a Virtuial school subject for year 11 and we have to do all the investigation work for it . oh I wish life was easier in all respects .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25857 on: January 20, 2022, 09:59:13 pm »
I’ve spent 13 hours over the past 2 days going through my loose photos and albums. Had a major cull and then filled the empty spaces of the albums with the loose photos. I made one each for my daughters and grand-children of those they would be interested in. The contents of the box all found a place, either in the albums or in the bin. I will now organise a picture book from the iPad, I so prefer those books to photo albums - I already have 2 and they take up so much less space than albums.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25858 on: January 21, 2022, 02:27:14 am »
A big job Judy. WE have a lot of photos of all our trips and slides from before then. I put them in albums after each trip. We also have a lot burnt to CD. The only trip I haven't put in an album is our Birdsville track one. One Day!
This morning I did some pickled vegetables for DH. They had been soaking over night.

My brother rang a while ago to say the bread rolls I made for them were evaporating!! I think he would like some more.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:15:19 am by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25859 on: January 21, 2022, 04:39:23 am »
Cookie I know a lady who has 100 of those very thick albums but she hasn’t been developing films since she bought her iPad. She knows her kids will throw them straight in the bin, they’ve told her that.  She did tend to go overboard with her photo taking, not just one picture of something but several all very similar and she put them all in the albums even if they were out of focus.  She used to get the double deal and give the other copy to whomever was in the photo.  I rarely look at my photos so it was easy to work out what to keep and what to get rid of, it saves the kids having to do it down the track.