Author Topic: Hi from Spain!...in English  (Read 5147 times)

Offline xxkarinxx

• View Profile
Hi from Spain!...in English
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:34:40 am »
Hi all,
Still new at this.  I bought my "kitchen robot" (thermomix nickname in Spain) a month ago, but I'm
having a hard time! The Spanish recipes makes it hard for me to get motivated to start cooking and experimenting.
 I am origanally from South Africa, but have been living in Spain for almost a year now.
Loving it but everything is in Spanish! ("Duhhh! of coarse" lol) 
I recently went to 2 Thermomix courses at their Vorwerk offices and learned a lot from just watching -understanding about 30%! lol.
 My Thermomix representative cant get hold of any English Thermo recipes books for me, so hopefully I can rely on you guys.  My Spanish language lessons are helping a bit and hopefully soon I can translate some lovely Spanish recipes in English for you all....and Spanish cooking is VERY TASTY!   My husband is Spanish, but don't want to rely on him always to translate -he-he. I'm already enough on his case!
Anyway, let me get on with it.
Loving the Forum and already finding it very helpful.
Thanx
xxx

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
Re: Hi from Spain!...in English
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 11:11:03 am »
Karin,

Great news. So nice to hear good things about our forum. We aim to provide great recipes and help for ALL Thermomix lovers. Not only do we wish to provide a great service, but we hope that we all make new friends. This community will keep growing, and with the dedication of us members, we will be the biggest English Thermomix forum (I think we already are, or if not it won't be long).

We really look forward to your Spanish recipes. I know Spain well (south coast) and they really have tasty recipes. How about South African dishes. I am not familiar with any of them.  :)

Enjoy the forum and use it to experience new things with your Thermomix.

All the best

MM

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 11:53:17 am »
Let us know if you find a good TM paella recipe!!!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:04:56 pm »
hi karin, welcome!
hope you find some good recipes on this forum and are able to translate your own very soon!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:40:58 am »
have been living in Spain for almost a year now.

Hola compañeros TMXer

¿dónde vive usted en España?  If you are in Madrid - check out Alambique - a kitchenware shop near the Opera.  The owner speaks perfect English (though she probly won't be there most of the time - just her assistants).  They have some classes in English with Gabriela Llamas, who has written a book "Cocinar con Thermomix".  The head of TMX in Spain - Teresa Barrenechea also speaks perfect English - she had a restaurant in New York for many years. 

Hopefully, you will find some ideas in our forum - or via the links to other sites.  Do you speak any Dutch? - There are recipes on the Dutch TMX site.

Good luck and keep posting.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:34:10 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.