Author Topic: New at this - how do I cook rice whilst making my dish  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Bec084

• View Profile
New at this - how do I cook rice whilst making my dish
« on: June 10, 2015, 04:39:41 am »
Hi ladies
Is anyone able to please help me. Sorry for the silly question, I just got my thermomix last week and my lovely thermomix expert is overseas, I want to cook butter chicken dish tonight, how do I cook the rice at the same time. Any help would be greately appreciated.
Bec 

???

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: New at this - how do I cook rice whilst making my dish
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 04:46:32 am »
Bec, you need to make the butter chicken then transfer into your thermoserver then cook the rice.
At least that's the way I do it.
Denise

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 05:17:37 am »
Hi Bec, welcome to the forum.  Some recipes can include the rice (or potatoes) being cooked in the steaming basket whilst meat and vegies are also being cooked.  My curried sausages recipe is an example.

However, for things like butter chicken do what Bedlam has posted.

There is another method that works well that and that's Chookie's Enough rice for the whole family.  Using this method you can start cooking the rice in the TMX then tip it into your thermosaver to finish cooking whilst you get on with the accompanying meat/chicken dish.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 09:04:00 am »
This won't help with your butter chicken recipe, but this is one of Quirky Jo's dishes (Paprika chicken with paprika sauce) which is great - you cook the rice, sauce, vegetables and chicken in different layers all at the same time.  She also has one for cashew satay sauce, using the same sort of procedure.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.