Author Topic: Recipes made easier with thermomix  (Read 11308 times)

Offline jesskimo

• View Profile
Recipes made easier with thermomix
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:33:03 am »

Hi Guys

I didn't want to post whole new recipes when I didn't actually create the recipes myself.

So I thought I would create a new post and link recipes that I have found using the thermomix have made things easier!

The first one is Ham and Potato Bake.

http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/07/ham-and-potato-bake-recipe.html

Instead of grating the onion, I chopped it for 4 seconds on speed 7. Then I added the ham and chopped at 2 seconds on speed 4.

After I layered the ingredients and go out as much ham and onion as I could- I put the cream and eggs in the jug without washing out the jug. Whizzed it for 5 seconds on speed 5. Then poured it over.

I loved the fact that it was less bowls/less chopping boards and knives to clean. Plus it wiped off a good 15 mins of prep time for me! :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipes made easier with thermomix
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:02:57 am »
Jessica you will find most recipes for the thermomix have been created from existing recipes, very few people create recipes entirely from scratch so it is quite in order for you to convert existing recipes from any source to suit the Thermomix and then to post your conversion.  It makes it much easier for those who would like to try the recipe and by all means link back to the original recipe but most of us make enough changes to make the recipe our own anyway.

Do others agree with this?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:48:56 am »
Yes, I agree Judy. I also thought the same as Jesskimo until I did some reading online about what constitutes someone's 'own' recipe.
Apparently you can't 'own' a set of ingredients and or method. When we convert things to be TMX friendly, there is a significant change in the method with most (if not all) recipes so that seems to constitute enough of a modification -IMO.
However just to be sure I always say who/what I was inspired by with links where possible, that way people should be happy for others to share their ideas as it generates more traffic to the original site/reference.
I do recall some correspondence with Dan Lepard's communication person regarding copyright of recipes here on the forum. That's what got me reading about it in more detail. I read all the relevant blog postings and links, made for an interesting afternoon of reading!
However I know there are others on the forum who have much more knowledge in this area than I do.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 06:58:21 am »
Thanks Jamberie, you've explained it in a nutshell.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:07:46 am »
It's a lovely looking recipe. I'm going to give it a try.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 07:55:25 am »
I am in agreement with Judy. As long as we link back to the original recipe or state where it came from.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/