Author Topic: Hello from Montreal..  (Read 10721 times)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Montreal..
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 02:09:30 am »
Welcome to the forum Chevvy.  Can't wait to read what you and your Wife think after the demo.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 01:05:12 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I too spent many hours on here researching to see if it was worth all the hype/money.
It is.

Happy cooking!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 10:52:25 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Like you I used to make my sauce in the time honoured way my mother taught me long ago but I have been making it in my Thermothingy for the past four years and I think it is even better than my mother used to make. Ok smaller batches but  that is fine. No storage problems!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 04:32:41 am »
Enjoy your Thermy. I know you'll buy one! Let's hope you can get one straight away.

Offline Chevvy56

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 09:56:58 pm »
Loved the demo today in Montreal...am now a proud owner of a TM31 with an extra bowl and 4 cookbooks!   :)

This is what we'll be cooking tomorrow:  zucchini soup (since zucchini is .99 a pound)  plus carrot curry coconut soup...since we have all the ingredients!

Thanks to all you nice replies and support...just getting the hang of blogging so I am a little slow learning how to reply...

Offline Chevvy56

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 10:10:25 pm »
Enjoy your Thermy. I know you'll buy one! Let's hope you can get one straight away.

Yeap did buy one...and will be trying it tomorrow....

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 02:09:36 am »
Chevvy56 that is good news.
Now you can tell us all about the things you make. Welcome to the land of Thermomix. 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 09:35:28 am »
Congrats on your purchase Chevvy56. We are looking forward to hearing about your cooking adventures.Have fun ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2013, 10:01:58 am »
Congrats Chevvy56. Great decision ;D Enjoy cooking in your new thermy. (You'll love the extra bowl too, makes cooking up a storm really fast and easy).
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 02:01:54 pm »
Great to hear you got your TM Cheevy :) Ive only recently got my second bowl and its been very handy
Looking forward to hearing how your soups go, have fun!

Offline Chevvy56

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 04:45:42 pm »
Yes the 3 batches of soup turned out great...and the cheese souffle....andthe dinner roll all in the same day...one bowl for the soup...the other for the souffle and the dinner rolls...was not sure to buy an extra bowl...cause it was already an expensive day.... :Dbut they were offering it for 300. dollars for that day only instead of the regular 400. dollars...plus the May special was 4 cookbooks instead of just the one that usually comes with the tm31....,very happy....Jean

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 02:34:19 pm »
Great to hear all went well, and you're putting both your TM bowls to good use already I see ;)
I waited 3 mths for the second bowl/blade set @ 1/2 price promo (if I had a demo) to get mine as I didn't want to pay full price for one
Aren't you pleased you did decide to go ahead and get your Thermie now?

Offline Chevvy56

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 11:43:28 am »
Yes G.P. ,the second bowl really helps me to be more flexible when I do a recipe and save time,did surprise my wife last supper...used the Varoma for the first time;did a marinated steamed salmon,with zucchinni/carrots/mini corn veggies with a asparagus/mushroom risotto ...It all turned out great...but will not be doing my risotto in the bowl while steaming everything else in the steamer cause using the varoma setting while steaming the fish and the veggies perfectly the risotto is not supposed to be made at the varoma setting....oh well live and learn

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 01:10:36 pm »
Yes G.P. ,the second bowl really helps me to be more flexible when I do a recipe and save time,did surprise my wife last supper...used the Varoma for the first time;did a marinated steamed salmon,with zucchinni/carrots/mini corn veggies with a asparagus/mushroom risotto ...It all turned out great...but will not be doing my risotto in the bowl while steaming everything else in the steamer cause using the varoma setting while steaming the fish and the veggies perfectly the risotto is not supposed to be made at the varoma setting....oh well live and learn

Exactly. LOL!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.