Author Topic: Washing with magnets  (Read 5290 times)

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
Washing with magnets
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:36:28 am »
Hi Everyone, Has anyone heard of using magnets to wash your clothes with? I bought some a couple of months ago and so far they are working great. They are just two little magnets designed by a guy in Canada that you pop into the bowl of the machine { I have a front loader} turn it on and Bobs your uncle. And because there is no detergents your really don`t have to rinse your clothes but I haven`t learnt how to tweak the machine so that it doesn`t do that. Now I can let the water go onto all my plants instead of going down the drain. Also it means that I don`t have to do a long load anymore, so I save money on power as well. Another great way to save money all around.  Sandy

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Washing with magnets
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:38:41 am »
Do they bang and crash as the bowl goes round?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:42:14 am »
No they stick to the sides of the bowl. You put one on either side of the bowl and even if they do come off they have a plastic coating on them so they don`t harm any thing. So far mine haven`t come off.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 08:44:52 am »
i'm sure i read a report years ago that said they were a con  ???
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:50:36 am »
This is a good explanation of the scam.  Also this.

Just buy phosphate-free washing powder or use laundry soap and you can put the grey water on the garden quite safely.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:15:32 am »
Thank you for this information. I nearly bought a laundry ball from a health shop earlier this year. It cost approx $40, and apparently it would last about 4 years. Just goes to show "if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably isn't"...
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 02:07:35 pm »
 ;D No worries CPuff

I buy the Eco Store's washing powder. It's at Woolies. Made in NZ, but it's excellent.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand