Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9040585 times)

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #16755 on: March 10, 2013, 01:08:28 pm »
The  coconut prawns would be yum JD but would have to cook and eat without freezing.
Thank you, will buy some prawns and ave DD2's family for dinner this week as her MIL goes back to Zimbabwe on the 22nd of this month and she loves seafood as Zimbabwe is landlocked  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16756 on: March 10, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »
MF I would be over the moon if someone gave me a bag of mangoes - they are one of my favourite fruits so I would love to have the problem of what to do with them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #16757 on: March 10, 2013, 01:30:42 pm »
Wish I could send you some Judy. Hope we can use them all. DD coming herem tuesday to help me cook  :D

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #16758 on: March 10, 2013, 04:10:38 pm »
Thanks Mich! Wow how smart are you with Damper in the pie machine! That's brilliant.

Goldfish - I bought my pie maker at Woolies for $10. Doesn't get used all that often but with ideas like this maybe I'll use it some more. When I do use it I love it! I normally make huge batches of pies at a time and freeze for later. Perfect snakcs and lunches for hubby.

Thanks Chookie!

DJ - I always think pancakes when someone says flapjacks. I have had them once - I think they are a euro thing. The one I had was full of dried fruit. Lovely! Would be great with chocolate too.

Hally lovely cookies! What makes your Sausage rolls turkish?

Kynton I've never thought of makign a strawberry and apple pie! Thanks for the idea. I think that's on the to do list now.

MF - you are so lucky! How on earth did she come across such quantities of Mango! Yumm.

JD - now you have me dreaming of Mango Daiquiris. Yummmmmmmm

Today I didn't do much - hubby cooked a red wine and garlic beef on the spit for dinner and I made the salad and roast potatoes. I did use the recipe community recipe for my potatoes though and they turned out to be amazing. So so soft and fluffy in the middle while crunchy on the outside.

I also made some butter because I found some cream that's almost expired on sale at Woolies today. Love those $0.46 cartons of pure cream!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=528394410545398&set=a.528394353878737.1073741828.492977414087098&type=1&relevant_count=4

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:12:31 pm by Jadey »
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16759 on: March 10, 2013, 04:16:03 pm »
Just had a look at your food,looks delicious :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #16760 on: March 10, 2013, 10:10:17 pm »
oh your a hard woman Amy ;D;D

I know Suzanne, but someone has to be ;D ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16761 on: March 10, 2013, 10:56:41 pm »
Mango lassi yummy.....
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #16762 on: March 10, 2013, 11:31:07 pm »
Thanks CC it was lovely! Slightly overcooked meat. Hubby likes his beef well done.

Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #16763 on: March 11, 2013, 12:58:31 am »
Stewed some apples. Potatoes to make a salad with and  boiled some eggs.   

That's it for today, I am so over this heat.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #16764 on: March 11, 2013, 02:47:56 am »
I'm more of a Cadbury creme egg kind of girl I buy so many packets so I don't usually run out before august :-[
Many easters ago, Cadbury made a marble chocolate egg similar in size to the creme ones. Thought i bought enough to keep the production going. Sadly they have not been seen in years. But I can still remember the taste. Not even sure if you can buy marble chocolate blocks anymore either.

Offline 4getfulelephant

• View Profile
« Reply #16765 on: March 11, 2013, 04:12:09 am »
Made the Beef Strogonoff in the EDC last yesterday early afternoon, then put it in the slow cooker on low until tea time.  Went down a treat - the meat was falling apart melt-in-your-mouth and delicious flavours.  Putting it in the slow cooker gave it extra time to infuse flavour and also meant my TMX was free for the perfect mashed potato accompaniment   :P
Then we have freshly deep-fried jam filled home made donuts for dessert.  Wicked!
If you see someone without a smile - give them one of yours   :(  ;)  :)  ;D  :D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #16766 on: March 11, 2013, 04:30:33 am »
I'm more of a Cadbury creme egg kind of girl I buy so many packets so I don't usually run out before august :-[
Many easters ago, Cadbury made a marble chocolate egg similar in size to the creme ones. Thought i bought enough to keep the production going. Sadly they have not been seen in years. But I can still remember the taste. Not even sure if you can buy marble chocolate blocks anymore either.

Kimmy, I just googled "cadbury marble chocolate" and guess what? There's a facebook page called "Bring Back Cadbury Marble." LOL ;D ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #16767 on: March 11, 2013, 04:34:51 am »
Too hot to do much.  Made Fig Sorbet and Alyce's corn.  Have a visitor for lunch tomorrow so going to turn some of the cooked corn into corn fritters with plum sauce and sour cream.  Will make a water melon salad with red onion and feta to go with fritters.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #16768 on: March 11, 2013, 08:00:22 am »
Peach & pear porridge
Playdough
Bacon and egg pies (in family pie maker)
sausage rolls.
:D

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #16769 on: March 11, 2013, 09:52:57 am »
I've done some major batch cooking for the freezer today. on the list was...

Chicken Kievs
Porcupine balls
Honey mustard chicken
Bread
Lasagne

All recipes from this amazing forum (apart from the lasagne sauce cause I always make my own up!)