Author Topic: Bucket List  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Bucket List
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:18:37 pm »
Not sure if anyone has already done this before but thought this might be worthy of a giggle or 2... seeing as Gert casually mentioned that she'd met Elvis  :o and someone else mentioned a Bucket List....

What is on your bucket list??

I'll start...

I've always wanted to drive across America in a huge caddy. You know the one with a bonnet and boot that goes for miles, the one with a glovebox you could have a party in (although I always wanted to stash a Colt 45 in there too, along with a never ending bottle of bourbon) Chrome galore and sparkly duco, leather seats, an old scratchy radio belting out some country hits.

I don't want to hit the big cities, just cruise on through the small places,  get on those gravel roads, meet the locals, see the real country, work on a ranch with a real cowboy...

Sounds a bit "Thelma and Louise"  (although I have dreamt of doing this since I was a little girl, so it was probably minus the bourbon in those days...)

What's on your bucket list??

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 01:17:19 am »
You should do Route 66 Nikkit. DH watches some show on TV that some guy called Fletch takes people across Route 66. Most of it is now back roads.

As I mentioned before I don't really have a bucket list. I've seen Ayers Rock, been to Birdsville and lots of other exciting things. I have no raging desire to go OS. I prefer the country for holidays than big towns, but love shopping for a week or so in Melbourne or Singapore.

DH and I always said we would do and see as much as we could early in life so that if we couldn't do it again at least we had the memories. If we can do it again we will.

I'm pretty happy with my life. Everyone has day to day stresses etc.

Things I would like to do, not necessarily a bucket list are: go to FNQ again, do the Oonadatta track, (2015), continue to see Australia in the caravan.

Nikkit I am sure you will achieve your bucket list desire.  :)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 07:48:00 am »
For my Bucket List I would really like to serve on a Mercy Ship. It may come true in another way as my dear high school girlfriend does pro bono work in China (eyes - cataracts) and I could go as a scout with their team. Not fond of eyes - depends what I have to do.

DH - he wants to drive road trains again- that's totally possible.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 11:17:43 am »
Can you drive a road train Mich? It sounds as though you can. That is very clever.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 11:36:15 am »
Take my kids for a white Christmas Sweden or somewhere maybe even NY
Perhaps a trip to Japan
I would like to travel to Tahiti and stay in an overwater lagoon room.
Learn to kite surf
Wake board again,  dive again
Kakadu with the family in a camper van.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 11:43:56 am »
I don't think I have a bucket list at the moment.  It was to finally be able to make it to a retreat and I successfully achieved that in August.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 01:05:11 pm »
You are a hoot Nikkit. A (long) while back I would have been in the US too in a go-anywhere pickup truck complete with shotgun. I used to be in a gun club (clay targets only) and always wanted to be able to reload a pump action shotgun with one hand (like Sarah Connor did in one of the Terminator movies).
Mellowed a little with age and now I'd settle for a swanky motorhome to take on a very long tour around Australia. Still debating whether to bring DH or not  ;D :D

“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 11:33:09 pm »
Hey djinni, I could forgo the caddy for a pickup and a shotgun. (which I can could ...many moons ago... reload a shotgun one handed. Took some practice and I never shot anything I shouldn't have ... much... just a few weeeny little holes in the corner of the shed once! )

Let me know when you are going!

Funny, I saw a show on motorhomes or RV's as they call them in the US, and I was quietly thinking that one of them with the slide out lounge and the full kitchen and a nice loo and shower and bed, might be a little more comfy. Could still put the colt 45 in the glovebox, the bourbon in the fridge and your shotgun on the rack on the back window!

And my Thermomix in the kitchen!  ;D

Mcmich...hmmm I always wanted to drive road trains too - across the Nullabor. I fancied a Scania in those days, (much to my Dad's disgust - he had a Kenworth) But I've seen a very sexy Western Star on the highway here recently (all chrome stacks and front end...I like chrome!) and I reckon I could ditch the Scania for that.

That is if my creaky old knees would get me up the steps and into the cab!!  :-))

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 12:50:18 am »
Apart from doing lots of overseas travel, I'd love to do a cattle run. I think they do them through the Snowy Mountains.  I know I would get crippled by the riding and probably not able to walk for weeks but it would be an experience never to be forgotten. Alas it's something that will need to wait until I no longer work as I don't think I could take enough time off away from the computer.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 07:04:03 am »
Mcmich...hmmm I always wanted to drive road trains too - across the Nullabor. I fancied a Scania in those days, (much to my Dad's disgust - he had a Kenworth) But I've seen a very sexy Western Star on the highway here recently (all chrome stacks and front end...I like chrome!) and I reckon I could ditch the Scania for that.

Next time we go over the Nullabor I'll do a count to see which there are the most of. ;D ;D I'm partial to any great big truck with lots of lights at night. I've seen a few Western Stars that look good but also heaps of Scanias.  Love Kenworths too and Macks. Love the little dog on it. I had my truck license heaps of years ago but not sure if I could still drive one. Probably could as I guess they are easier now.

mcmich

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 07:54:19 am »

Next time we go over the Nullabor I'll do a count to see which there are the most of. ;D ;D I'm partial to any great big truck with lots of lights at night. I've seen a few Western Stars that look good but also heaps of Scanias.  Love Kenworths too and Macks. Love the little dog on it. I had my truck license heaps of years ago but not sure if I could still drive one. Probably could as I guess they are easier now.
Can you drive a road train Mich? It sounds as though you can. That is very clever.

Oh dear no Cookie - my corolla is big enough for me  ;D

DH wants to drive road trains again, he just got a new truck to drive at work, don't know what sort it is? This is a photo of it.

I can see you driving a road train Cookie   8)

There are some very sexy trucks out there that have been done out - we watch all the truck shows on TV - Trip/trick? my truck - ice truckers which I really enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:59:58 am by mcmich »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »
Your DH certainly drives an enormous truck Mich. ice truckers is amazing. How they manage to keep those rigs on the road I'll never know.