Author Topic: Tagging Favourite Recipes  (Read 26442 times)

Offline lauzzie

• View Profile
Tagging Favourite Recipes
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:57:09 pm »
Is there any way to Tag my favourite recipes so that I can find them again.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: Tagging Favourite Recipes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:59:44 pm »
The only way I can think of is to cut and paste them to notes or whatever recipe program you have in your computer. If  I see a recipe I like I'll  highlight the recipe and then copy it to my computer ( I am on a Mac system).
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:12 pm »
I used to always print mine out but I now have a mountain of recipes I have to wade through, not to mention those that have already found their way into my 'to do' file. If I think I will make something reasonably quickly, I still print them out but I have also started a book where I write down the recipe and the topic number so it is easy to browse the book and bring up the topic number on the forum when and if I get around to doing it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 03:01:47 pm »
JD - I suggested adding a 'save' button and having a cookbook folder like in taste.com.au and you told me a little while ago that forum thermomix was undergoing changes and to wait to see what happens. Just wondering if it's still on the horizon?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 03:04:51 pm »
I did put that to MM Tasty but have not heard what his plans are yet.  He is a very busy man and we have to be patient with these things.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 08:30:26 pm »
If that can be incorporated into the forum it would be great but, like most things, probably far easier said than done.  Keeping my fingers crossed that MM will have a chance to work on this some time when he gets the time.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:40:26 pm »
I send to my Evernote program which will synchronize with my phone. i also have a shopping list in the phone,  so easy now when i am shopping   
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:53:24 pm »
I requested this function a couple of years ago. It wasn't possible then, don't know if anything's changed?  I was given the tip to email or clip to Evernote, which is what I now do.  And once we try it if it scores at least 4 out of 5 with the family it's entered into my mac gourmet program (another recommendation from someone on this forum :-). )
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 01:46:57 pm »
I send to my Evernote program which will synchronize with my phone. i also have a shopping list in the phone,  so easy now when i am shopping   

fundj, is that the evernote free app you are talking about? I have just downloaded it hoping it will help.

At the moment, I just keep adding to my favourites bar on my macbook under 'Thermomix' but it is growing and growing, and I have no way of recording whether I have tried the recipe or not, I am already starting to lose track!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 01:55:30 pm »
yes it is  Bubbles , i have a to make list on it, which it does help, but i do try to make the b4 adding  to  evernote 

Offline Chantimama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 02:28:25 pm »
What I have been doing is bookmarking my favorite recipes when I am doing my meal planning for the week.  After we try them out, if they are a "keeper" then they get copied on recipe note cards and put into my file.  The ones that we don't like so much, I delete the bookmark.  The file is growing!  :) :)  :)

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 09:41:13 pm »
I have two files on my iPad, recipes and favourite recipes, first they go into recipes and the ones that I make on a regular basis move into favourite recipes.  Mind you the favorites is growing daily  :D
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48:20 pm »
I really like the paprika app, you can add a phto :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48:53 pm »
This is a bit of an amateurish question, but how do you bookmark Chantimama - within the forum or on your browser?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 09:58:28 pm »
bookmarks and favorites are the same thing do u know how to use favorites ?