Author Topic: Coconut Yoghut - pg 27 Quirky Cooking  (Read 7558 times)

Offline kmw

• View Profile
Coconut Yoghut - pg 27 Quirky Cooking
« on: May 27, 2014, 12:21:53 am »
We made this on the weekend & it's the first coconut yoghurt recipe that has turned out thick. It is quiet a lengthy process but not difficult to make and with coconut yoghurt being so expensive to buy we are determine to make it a home.  The only change we made was to use store bought coconut yoghurt that our health food store makes as a starter (4 teaspoons) instead of probiotics. Instead of the dehydrator we put in our car fridge that heats. End result was a nice thick creamy texture. Taste wise it's more creamy than yoghurt & after reading other yoghurt recipes I think we need to put more starter in but so far this is our best result.

Linked JD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:07:14 am by judydawn »

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Re: Coconut Yoghut - pg 27 Quirky Cooking
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:20:36 am »
Great to hear that it worked :) I am just waiting for my agar agar and then will give it a go.

Offline kschirms

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 02:16:08 pm »
Thanks for sharing kmw :-) friend & I are waiting to make the QC coconut yoghurt too. She has probiotics but I was wondering if using a pre prepared starter & keeping some (approx 50g is usual rule of thumb for dairy yoghurt) of made yoghurt for nxt batch would work. Would love to hear if you have made any since & if you e tweaked any further :-)

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 02:58:44 am »
Mine was a complete rock hard fail that tastes oily. I used agar powder not flakes, but reduced the quantity as per the book.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 12:37:48 pm »
DH ate it all so couldn't make another batch from it & then we went away. Bought some more coconut yogurt yesterday so will have another go this weekend.

Persistenttiger some Facebook comments I've read people seem to be having more success with flakes then powder.