Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6129193 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4785 on: November 25, 2012, 10:20:58 pm »
Well done DD.
Moptop how exciting.

Cooked, cleaned, laundry, watched Sherlock Holmes second movie with family, knitting, popped on here all usual stuff.

Got to get used to working 5 days week... Not full time hours yet but will be 10 hrs day from 17th dec.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: November 25, 2012, 10:26:01 pm »
Well done DD fantastic effort.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: November 25, 2012, 10:45:38 pm »
How is the driving going Amy?  How many more hours to go before you can get your Ps?

I think its going well ;D But I haven't even got my log book yet :( So still at least 6 months before I get my P's! >:(
Have fun in Singapore Moptop, I hope you figure out how to post lots of photos!

watched Sherlock Holmes second movie with family

I LOVE Sherlock Holmes ;D Did you enjoy the movie DJ?

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: November 25, 2012, 10:58:25 pm »
Sure did. A bit confusing as we also have very good Sherlock series with Bbc and had to remind myself not that one!!
It was fun and good end to a weekend.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: November 25, 2012, 11:01:30 pm »
Is that the one with Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock? I've got the first series of that on DVD and I'm waiting for the second! I love that too :D Its very clever how they adapted everything into the modern world.
But I think I live the movies better ;)

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #4790 on: November 25, 2012, 11:55:19 pm »
Sherlock is good, as is Downey Jr's take but neither are Jeremy Brett :)

I cooked pretzels/bretzels/laugenstangen, built some new furniture for the living room for the TV and Hifi which hopefully will keep everything neater and keeps the cables a bit more hidden. The missus cooked tea (chicken, tomato pizza sauce, bacon wrapped, topped with cheese with baked potatos) while I reconnected all the kit and one the kids were in bed we watched the TV series Fringe. I'd seen the pilot but bob didn't think she had so we started there :)

While watching I was getting a bit frustrated with recipe apps and what I can see of pantry management apps. I was disappointed by the desktop version of Paprika compared to its iOS sibling. YummySoup! Is better on the desktop but its iOS app is just a crappy viewer. Nothing is quite right (Evernote has its own pluses and minuses)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: November 25, 2012, 11:58:27 pm »
at work
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: November 26, 2012, 12:48:22 am »
Been out to the rock pools with DD and her playcentre buddies - lots of crabs, starfish, limpets etc.  DD preferred to check out all the kinds of seaweed instead though.
Then a massive shop at the supermarket trying to get most of the supplies for the work Xmas party on Friday.  Still got to go to the local spice shop & international market, plus trying to find a better meat supplier, as our local guy moved too far away. 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: November 26, 2012, 12:56:22 am »
It isn't 9am yet here so not a lot done, only the usual bed, dishes etc. DH has gone off to do some car club work so here I am.
Well done DD, it is a big achievement.

Moptop I adore Singapore. Can't wait until next years trip comes up. A very useful app for the ipad is ipad secrets. It isn't expensive. Instagram is a great way to share photos with people too. They only need to know your instagram name and can follow you and see your photos.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:55 am »
Swim training and work. Will go the the gym later.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: November 26, 2012, 01:55:57 am »
Mad Monday so lots of running around.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: November 26, 2012, 02:06:23 am »
Rob you sound pretty handy. I could use your help. I need to build some shelves in my shed for storage. I always find it hard to get started. Once I have a plan and know what I am doing I am ok.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4797 on: November 26, 2012, 02:06:36 am »
Took the boys to school, stripped all the beds and remade, washing, a little online shopping, DD is painting, need to make something for afternoon tea as ds7 has a friend over for a swim/play, about to vacuum and mop then food shop, delivery man better hurry up;D

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: November 26, 2012, 02:30:43 am »

How much longer til you are due Tasty? Exciting!  :D

Not due until late March however it's too late to enrol this term but might not be able to do a full term in Term 1 of swimming lessons. Will make a decision too. Maybe if I choose Saturdays, hubby can take over.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:03:50 am by judydawn »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: November 26, 2012, 02:43:13 am »
loading photos
 :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url