Author Topic: Jerjill's Chicken Tandoori Burgers  (Read 7614 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Jerjill's Chicken Tandoori Burgers
« on: August 08, 2010, 02:34:49 pm »
A recipe from Jerjill's Menu Planning:

Chicken Tandoori Burgers

you can either make your own chicken patties or just use chicken breast and marinate i have done both and both are delicious if you want to make your own chicken patties mince thigh fillets with the paste about 500g and only need couple of table spoons of paste and you can make you own paste or buy it your choice :) than add half cup of breadcrumbs with fresh coriander and just shape and cook other wise here is recipe for marinade

foccia bread made in tm of course

100g tandoori paste
2 tbsp greek style yoghurt
1 tb lemon juice
1 lebanese cucumber
80 g baby spinach
3 tomatoes
mint leaves
mango chutney

minted yoghurt
180g greek style yoghurt
2tbs mint

wizz in the tm tandoori paste, yoghurt, lemon juice than pour over chicken breast and marinate and leave sit for at least 10 min longer is best so it can absorb the flavour.

cook chicken on grill meanwhile wizz in the tm the mint sauce

layer the burgers with rest of ingredients and use vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber lengthways into thin ribbons spread with mint sauce and serve with mango chutney

ITS DELICIOUS!!!

members' comments

JulieO - I firstly made a tandoori paste this morning to marinate the chicken. I used a large chicken breast cut in half horizontally between DH and I which was enough, the other breast and 2 tenderloins have been put in the freezer in the marinade for another time. I served on toasted turkish bread just with lettuce leaves and tomato and the yoghurt & mint dressing.  
I have since found out that a tandoori colour is added to give the reddish hue that we associate with tandoori, but I'm not keen to do that, and have read that beetroot dust can be used as a colouring agent also, so will get some and try it next time.  Otherwise the flavour was wonderful and I will make again.  The paste made about 250g, without the yoghurt added - I think that's best added fresh.  So I've enough for another time.

Snoozie -  the burgers themselves were nice but way to spicy for my current indigestion (pregnant).  DH thought they were great.  I think I need to cut back on the pepper in the breadcrumbs (recipe from EDC) as I think there were an awful lot in there probably contributing to the bite in the burgers. So they're all wrapped up in the fridge for DH to eat as they were too spicy for kids too.  Bummed because they looked/smelt really nice!!!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:16:52 am by judydawn »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Jerjill's Chicken Tandoori Burgers
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 02:36:41 pm »
Great recipe jerjill - thanks  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:42:41 am »
Jerjill, I made your chicken burgers today.  I firstly made a tandoori paste this morning to marinate the chicken.

I used a large chicken breast cut in half horizontally between DH and I which was enough, the other breast and 2 tenderloins have been put in the freezer in the marinade for another time.

I served on toasted turkish bread just with lettuce leaves and tomato and the yoghurt & mint dressing. 

I have since found out that a tandoori colour is added to give the reddish hue that we associate with tandoori, but I'm not keen to do that, and have read that beetroot dust can be used as a colouring agent also, so will get some and try it next time.  Otherwise the flavour was wonderful and I will make again.  The paste made about 250g, without the yoghurt added - I think that's best added fresh.  So I've enough for another time.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:38:15 pm »
JulieO, you've missed your vocation - Food Photographer for fancy recipe books and magazines!!

Your photo makes me drool....{Wiping the keyboard}
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 01:08:32 pm »
I agree with you MJ, that looks great JulieO.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 01:45:49 pm »
thanks JO - the pictures are so lifelike I could just about get my fingers around it...
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:55 pm »
 :D thanks girls for your nice comments, it was rather tasty too.  ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 10:21:55 am »
WOW JulieO - I could eat that little beauty right now.  It looks like something off an advertising billboard.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:06:54 am »
 :D   Thanks Thermomixer, I  could eat one myself right now after my soup disaster  :D ;D

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 05:59:44 am »
Okies I am dumb lol

When making mince do you still put the yoghurt and lemon in as well?  I did but wasn't sure lol  Hopefully I haven't messed it up!!!

:)

ETA: Hahahahah apparently you shouldn't eat mint whilst pregnant... guess DH is going to enjoy these lmao
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:52:04 am by Snoozie »

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 11:48:26 am »
Snoozie I've heard of a lot of things that you cannot eat while pregnant but mint is not one of them. You learn something new everyday!

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 12:19:37 am »
Well I ended up getting so much conflicting info I figured I wouldn't be able to eat anything at all if I listened to everything!!! lol

What's the difference between "mint", "peppermint" and "spearmint" lmao Too confusing for me I just didn't eat it!!! lolol That and the burgers themselves were nice but way to spicy for my current indigestion.  DH thought they were great.  I think I need to cut back on the pepper in the breadcrumbs (recipe from EDC) as I think there were an awful lot in there probably contributing to the bite in the burgers hehe

So they're all wrapped up in the fridge for DH to eat as they were too spicy for kids too.  Bummed because they looked/smelt  really nice!!!