Author Topic: Second Bowl Incentive - Do I really need one?  (Read 18215 times)

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
Re: Second Bowl Incentive - Do I really need one?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 01:57:53 am »
Thanks Meagan, when I mentioned it to DH, he said that he could have a demo here while I'm away as he hasn't seen the machine demo-ed. But then he said, the pennies are a bit tight at the moment so don't know if it will be a go-er. Rats. May have to wait till next time they offer it, and that could be quite a while away by the sound of things.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 02:11:49 am »
No worries Roxy if your DH has a demo that would be good for him to see it and then you are ellidgible to purchase one at $100 off. Your consultant can order you one up till the 4th of May (I think) if that helps at all.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Shally

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 05:11:06 pm »
I did as Katya did - I bought a second bowl at the time of purchase because of a discount incentive. I'm so glad I did I have never regretted it for one moment. All too often I prepare/cook using both bowls - I would really miss my extra bowl. ;D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 05:21:30 am »
I'm having a demo at the end of April, so will seriously consider the second bowl. Hopefully, someone will purchase and it won't cost me quite as much!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 06:40:38 am »
I think I'm definitely going to get one.  At the moment I have Jo's Blender Batter Muffins soaking in my bowl, so this would be a great opportunity to use a second bowl, especially as I want to do more soaking type recipes.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 11:36:19 am »
No worries Roxy if your DH has a demo that would be good for him to see it and then you are ellidgible to purchase one at $100 off. Your consultant can order you one up till the 4th of May (I think) if that helps at all.

Does this mean if I have my delivery demo mid month I have up until the 4th of May to decide if I need the extra bowl? Or do I have to order it at the demo.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 12:35:52 pm »

Does this mean if I have my delivery demo mid month I have up until the 4th of May to decide if I need the extra bowl? Or do I have to order it at the demo.

Yes :) Your consultant can order it for you, up to the 7th of May actually (I checked the paperwork a moment ago) However I wouldn't leave it till the very last moment! Just tell your consultant you would like to think about it ;)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 10:54:36 am »
Second bowl arrived today, and has been used twice already.  I think I'm in heaven!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 11:44:46 am »
I love my second bowl.  It was a Xmas present  I make a lot of bread, ;D,  and raise the dough more often than not ,in the bowl.  I also find that I can be washing out one bowl while the next thing is cooking.  I could manage without it,  but I am glad that I don't have to.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 12:31:16 pm »
I decided I didn't really need it. If it was free, yes. But not at only $100 off. I've only occasionally needed my bowl when it's being used, so told my consultant I would rather have My Way of Cooking recipe book.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 01:58:34 pm »
I ordered a second bowl.
Extremely handy to have me thinks  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 11:29:14 am »
I've got 2 bowl and blade sets and absolutly LOVE having both!! You can survive with one, but 2 make it much easier. In January I qualified for another bowl and blade set for free as a consultant so have just given that to Mum as a thanks for having DD when I do the demos  ;)

ILB says it all.  I wouldn't be without my 2nd bowl, I use it all the time and love having it.  But it's completely possible to survive without, especially (as Thermomixer says) you plan carefully.  But I'm not that great at planning carefully  ;D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 02:38:30 am »
Once you have the second bowl you will find lots of things to do with it.  I got mine for free - just bombarded Tenina with recipes for the Vego & Meat books.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 05:30:12 am »
I have used both bowls, everyday now since I purchased the "spare".  So glad I bit the bullet  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 05:32:54 am »
Me too Maddy.  Well almost everyday.  Really happy with that investment.