Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860499 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #39420 on: November 17, 2020, 08:08:23 am »
Thanks Marina, one person doesn’t need much so I won’t run out.
Cookie I fully expected it, apparently it’s more important than food!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39421 on: November 17, 2020, 10:09:44 pm »
? A case of priorities??
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #39422 on: November 18, 2020, 03:43:12 am »
It’s been lovely ‘talking’ to you Kim, glad MM was able to help you get back on.  We love seeing our old members pop in to say hello.
Thanks Judy.. appreciated your help.. sorry to hear you guys are going into lockdown.. bit over covid but glad vic is able to move about again and with hubby in Melbourne and us in regional vic that we dont have the same painful past few months ever again.. havent seen mum and dad in forever and not sure when we will be able to see them (in QLD) .. shame about the gym Judy.. hopefully it will be shortlived and you will be able to be back at it again.

Nice to pop back in and see what you are all up to.. hope you are all well and dealing with the horrors 2020 is throwing around.

Personally I am thankful for the gorgeous sunshine we are having this week..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #39423 on: November 18, 2020, 03:45:50 am »
OMG Julie, that is hot. 
The Bee man came again yesterday. He replaced our old Queen with a new one.  He said it was a teenager.  He also gave us a new bee box.  As he swapped the bees over he removed the frames .  He left one frame with us to extract the honey.  It’s dripping through net into a dish. The taste is amazing.
We had a fantastic family get together yesterday. We all felt like we had been let out of jail.
How many bee boxes/hives do you have Chookie?

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #39424 on: November 18, 2020, 05:26:14 am »
Well this lockdown is a first for our region (in SA).  Our grandson was going to come down again this weekend but unable to now with all regional travel stopped, just after I'd done shopping this morning picking up bits and pieces that I knew he'd like.

Also, no morning walks for me for the next 6 days.(shock/horror) but am in total agreement with all restrictions.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39425 on: November 18, 2020, 07:50:57 am »
We will survive Julie, we might become a bit bored though!  I’m quite OK for food and plan to go nowhere except perhaps the chemist if I need something.  No links to the cluster down here in my immediate area and I have masks.  I was lucky to have my car cleaner chap come yesterday so I have a beautiful clean car (inside and out) with a full tank sitting in the garage.  Then today the council sent contract workers out to remove a very dead jasmine creeper from my back fence.  I didn’t plant it, it belongs to my neighbour who recently had her side trimmed rather overzealously which resulted in the whole plant dying.  What an eyesore it became but through our wonderful council’s maintenance programme they were able to provide a team to remove it from my side of the fence and take it to the dump. They finished the job before the allotted time so they offered to cut some dead palm tree fronds down as well, wasn’t about to say no to that offer.   So lucky to have these 2 big jobs done before the restrictions kick in at midnight tonight. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39426 on: November 18, 2020, 09:41:35 am »
Not much fun for SA people, however I think that your Premier has done the correct thing. By clamping down immediately, hopefully any further spread will be stopped. I fear that WA will be next. DH and I decided that if we get even 1 case from a new source we will hot foot it home. We aren’t that far away from the city.
Take care Judy, JulieO and others.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39427 on: November 18, 2020, 08:19:45 pm »
Hang in there our SA friends. 6 days isn’t toooo bad.
Kim, we have only one bee box.  Contains about 30 thousand bees. Produces about 9 kilos of honey a year. We rent the box and bees.  We pay a fee, $200, and they service the box. We get 3 kilos of our honey and they on sell the remaining honey. ( the Bee man often drops off a 3 K container of honey, no charge ). (( I usually give him some of what I’m cooking , often SD crumpets))  The big bonus is the pollination. We get a lot more fruit from our trees. The honey also tastes amazing.
Warm today. About 30 degrees.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #39428 on: November 18, 2020, 09:14:47 pm »
Hang in there our SA friends. 6 days isn’t toooo bad.
Kim, we have only one bee box.  Contains about 30 thousand bees. Produces about 9 kilos of honey a year. We rent the box and bees.  We pay a fee, $200, and they service the box. We get 3 kilos of our honey and they on sell the remaining honey. ( the Bee man often drops off a 3 K container of honey, no charge ). (( I usually give him some of what I’m cooking , often SD crumpets))  The big bonus is the pollination. We get a lot more fruit from our trees. The honey also tastes amazing.
Warm today. About 30 degrees.
Sounds fabulous chookie.. didnt know you could rent bees and boxes.. great exchange.. wish they would do that everywhere.

30 today here too !!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39429 on: November 18, 2020, 09:33:04 pm »
Stay safe SA friends. 🤗 I read that you are in a 6 day lockdown.
Not sure whether our lockdown will be lifted for Christmas . It all depends on whether the “R” rate drops significantly.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39430 on: November 18, 2020, 10:25:07 pm »
To everyone in SA, that's a tough lockdown, but if it works it is well worth it, you don't want to go through we we have just come out of here in Victoria.

Take care, keep well and stay safe.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39431 on: November 18, 2020, 10:25:58 pm »
Good to see you are posting again, Frozzie.  Whereabouts are you living now?  I thought you were in Sydney or QLD.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #39432 on: November 18, 2020, 10:32:06 pm »
Good to see you are posting again, Frozzie.  Whereabouts are you living now?  I thought you were in Sydney or QLD.
We were in Sydney but moved to East Gippy three years ago.. alot has happened in that time.. hubby is working and living in Melbourne during the week for a year now..

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39433 on: November 18, 2020, 11:44:35 pm »
6 days isn’t long for some of and 6 days off for others is probably not bad either. Have to feel for businesses who have had to close though.  It’s what comes beyond this 6 day period which we all wait on but we’re all behind the decision to go hard early for hopefully good results.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39434 on: November 19, 2020, 07:26:33 am »
We were in Sydney but moved to East Gippy three years ago.. alot has happened in that time.. hubby is working and living in Melbourne during the week for a year now..

A beautiful part of the country, Frozzie.