Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522134 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13845 on: April 23, 2015, 09:09:39 am »
I had heard this book was released but can't see it on the H.O. website.  Where did you order yours from  Jamberie?  I'd love an index of the book if anyone knows where we can find it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #13846 on: April 23, 2015, 09:32:46 am »
Good idea Judydawn although my DD tells me to buy a new phone as mine is outdated.  I will have to look around and find a suitable one.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #13847 on: April 23, 2015, 12:19:05 pm »
I ordered mine (2 copies- one a gift) from the HO website on Wednesday morning. It has now shipped, I'll send through the contents asap :)
I looked at the Pinterest board and those recipes looked promising.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13848 on: April 23, 2015, 02:24:36 pm »
I was within 1km of HO today and I would've dropped in and bought one if I'd known. I saw something somewhere about it but I thought it was the baby/toddler book and didn't give it further thought. Would love to see the index. I have bought her mum, Suzanne Gibbs, latest PC book and have made about 4-5 things from it which have been really delicious and makes the purchase of the book extremely worthwhile for these recipes alone.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #13849 on: April 23, 2015, 04:02:51 pm »
I only found out about the book by accident CP, and ordered it straight away.  I don't think it was publicised as well as other tm books. My consultant could only order 2 copies,  hence me ordering direct from HO. Perhaps the first print run was small.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #13850 on: April 23, 2015, 10:10:47 pm »
HO were advertising it on their Facebook page. It went on sale last Monday.

It is available for sale on the HO website. There is an index available there too.

Of course I've ordered a copy!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #13851 on: April 24, 2015, 05:25:02 am »

I had heard this book was released but can't see it on the H.O. website.  Where did you order yours from  Jamberie?  I'd love an index of the book if anyone knows where we can find it.

Judy I've sent you the index.

My book arrived today and it looks lovely.  It's similar to her Baby & Toddler book. The book is aimed at families with young children as the recipes are family friendly and all have adaptions for babies & toddlers (so everyone can eat the same meal).  At first glance there are many lovely recipes included. I don't have any kids, but I don't think that matters - there are plenty of things I'd cook just for DH and myself.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #13852 on: April 24, 2015, 05:54:50 am »
What a wonderful day I've had so far in Adelaide.  DH was with me for a bit then went to the Art Gallery on North tce.  I had an appointment at Apple to view the new Watches to see which one I wanted.  Was so glad I went and had a look instead of just ordering on line.  Was originally going to get the 42mm one but after trying it and the 38mm one on, the 38mm fits so much better on my wrist and yet it's not that much smaller.  I was then able to order it and use some Apple vouchers that I've been saving just for this.  Looking forward now to it arriving.  :D

I then bought a pair of black suede wedge ankle boots that are better quality than a pair I have now.  The ones I have now you can feel stones through the thin soles which isn't comfortable at all but I love them, so was chuffed to find the same looking ones with a thicker sole. 
I then saw a great pair of shoes at Jo Mercers that will be perfect with jeans/leggings etc in soft navy blue leather; sort of like baseball shoes.  Felt so comfortable on and at $269 my DH is going to have kittens when he gets back to our Hotel.  His fault for leaving me alone in Rundle Mall!  ;D

Meeting our son in a wine bar this evening, so just having a bit of a rest.  Shopping can be so tiring.  ;D

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #13853 on: April 24, 2015, 05:57:35 am »
I have bought her mum, Suzanne Gibbs, latest PC book and have made about 4-5 things from it which have been really delicious and makes the purchase of the book extremely worthwhile for these recipes alone.

Oooo, didn't know she had a new pc book out CP.  I must have a look for it as I use my pc a lot, especially over winter.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13854 on: April 24, 2015, 06:42:17 am »
JulieO what wonderful shopping. I'm sure your DH won't mind. Mine never minds, although I often admit I avoid the actual price of some things. Good on you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13855 on: April 24, 2015, 07:40:50 am »
Good to see you enjoying what Adelaide shops have to offer Julie, we need more people like you in the retail precinct LOL.

Thanks Katie, I've posted the index in Cookbook Contents.  Having seen the PDF list, I can appreciate how much work you did to make it forum friendly xxxx
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:43:21 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13856 on: April 24, 2015, 09:23:30 am »
Great shoe shopping Julie 8)

Thanks From me too Katie :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13857 on: April 24, 2015, 12:29:25 pm »
We'd be lost without our helpers. Thanks Katie.  :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #13858 on: April 24, 2015, 11:19:39 pm »
Great shopping Julie.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13859 on: April 25, 2015, 01:08:12 am »
lovely shopping Julie..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url